Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: The Black Donnellys & The Riches 4/2

BD- Not so much

The Riches- I know its on an hour later, but I don't have time for much TV, so I have made no better decision than dumping 24 and picking up the Riches.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did not see any discussion of either that is new, so please tell me that I'm retarded and both shows suck

[/ QUOTE ]

You are retarded and so am I. Donnelly's is a great show.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:36 PM

Watched the first ep of TBD and it sucked. Truthfully, I watched about 10 mins and then had it on in the background, I saw enough to know I wasn't missing much.

The Riches I like. Like I've said before some stuff I'm not crazy about (we don't need every show on Cable to feature a character with a drug problem) and some moments on the show are really badly written (son gets cell phone call from gfriend in front of whole fam a couple of eps and no one says anything? wtf who would be calling him?? And this most recent episode supposedly good con artist says her cross is a "X marks the jew necklace" from Wal-Mart??); but Izzard does a great job on the show and it's fun, so I like it.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:02 AM

The hillbilly-gypsies-acting-Jewish should be good...

I also like the neighbor lady--she should be interesting as her character develops.

I liked Wayne's speech in ep 1 at the reunion. He dazzled 'em with his BS. But his speech at the legal dept at Panco and the speech to the irate hosuing association were not very good.

The kids are getting better character development.

Eddie and Minnie are great. I'd like to see Wayne/Doug read up like a good con man and become more passable as a lawyer.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:33 AM

All,

Those of you saying the Black Donnellys is good are insane. The show is stupid. Just plain stupid. Pretty much every element of it is something I am inclined to really be into, yet it still manages to suck horribly.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Those of you saying the Black Donnellys is good are insane. The show is stupid. Just plain stupid. Pretty much every element of it is something I am inclined to really be into, yet it still manages to suck horribly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Statement of fact.

That show is horrible in every way. I can't believe there are people who think it's anything but crap.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

Irish. Check.
Organized Crime. Check.

This should mean it doesn't suck. But it does.

Farewell.

On April 2, 2007, NBC announced that the series would be pulled after the April 16 episode [2] . This decision only lasted 2 days though when, on April 4, 2007, NBC decided to pull the show immediately from its lineup presumably due to poor ratings on the most recent episode[3]. It was also announced that unaired episodes of "The Black Donnellys" would be streamed online on the NBC website.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

I've seen two of the worst pilot episodes I've ever seen on TV this season. The Black Donneleys and October Road. And somehow my wife still wants to watch October Road [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

The Riches is really starting to grow on me. But the school part of Monday's episode was lamer than lame. The son's interaction with the owner of the car he stole, the guitarist kissing the girl after saying like 4 words to her...

But I thought the emotion between Driver and Eddie was really well done and believable.

Overall it's a solid addtion to my weekly viewings, with Lost, the Office, Grey's Anatomy and AI the other mainstays.

Yes I admitted to Grey's. I'm married. But I like the show. Take away my man card if need be.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I admitted to Grey's. I'm married. But I like the show. Take away my man card if need be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Nez,

Place yout man card in the basket. Get a cup of coffee and grab a chair. Welcome!

I watch plenty of Lifetime Channel chick-flicks with the wife in retaliation for her watching poker shows with me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They should really just skip TV and turn these into 40 hour movies. It probably doesn't help that I can actually watch a 40 hour series all at once but I get annoyed at a 2 minute commercial break.

[/ QUOTE ]

What ever happened to mini-series? TBD and Prison Break would have both been great mini-series. They needed an ending, though. PB should have been done after the first season and TBD should have probably been done after the first episode or so. Just because people watched the first episodes doesn't mean it should continue.