Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Stats

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given your raw stats, I'm frankly surprised that both you and Schwatt are breakeven, rather than at least marginal winners.

[/ QUOTE ]

The breakeven was not technically correct in my case. I am winning .6BB/100 over my last 150k hands, however I am just recovering from a 500BB downswing, along with dropping 1.5k at 3/6 and 5/10 that contributes to that pathetic winrate.

I was just used to crushing 2/4 for 3BB/100 last year, so my recent performance is disappointing.

[/ QUOTE ]Well, part of that may be your play, part of it is that the standard of play is simply better - I can certainly tell the difference when selecting tables, before I went on hiatus, I was easily able to find 5 tables with 55+% saw flops and 65% was not uncommon - now, the best tables show up as 55% in the lobby. Also, the donks seem to be more of the 45/25 variety than the 75/5 variety...

But anyway, since Sklansky$ come from exploiting our opponents mistakes, the fewer mistakes they make, blahblahblah...
Old 04-02-2007, 08:08 PM

Slightly off original topic but you guys must be giving up sooooooo much playing on Stars unless the games are super soft, and judging by the tone of this thread they are not.

Over 10k hands at 2/4 on Ongame I have paid $1400 rake over 10k hands at mainly the 2/4 level. Even if you played somewhere like Full Tilt with 30% rakeback you would have earned I guess in the region of $1500 in rakeback over these 35k hands.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Slightly off original topic but you guys must be giving up sooooooo much playing on Stars unless the games are super soft, and judging by the tone of this thread they are not.

Over 10k hands at 2/4 on Ongame I have paid $1400 rake over 10k hands at mainly the 2/4 level. Even if you played somewhere like Full Tilt with 30% rakeback you would have earned I guess in the region of $1500 in rakeback over these 35k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]They're pretty soft, still. Maybe not multi-tabling 3 BB/100 soft anymore, but plenty soft. I'm not sure the game selection at another site will be good enough for a 5+ tabler - yes the RB may be worth 1bb/h, but if I can only find 3 good tables to play on at once, it's at best a wash. Plus I like Stars for tourneys, and am not really looking to have money spread out over 4 different sites (I probably still have the odd spare penny in my accounts at FT/UB/Party and Pacific.)
Old 04-02-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't comment on how stars relates to other sites, since stars is the only site i've ever played at. the games are tougher than they used to be, but imo, there are still plenty of horrible players there.

to put it in perspective, i'm at 1.1 bb/100 over my last 35k. i feel like i have run bad over that stretch, and i will be the first to admit that i have alot of room for improvement in my game. so i don't think all decent TAGs are doomed to break even the way a few guys in this thread have. they have identified some tilt issues, and probably have been running pretty bad too (after playing alot with both jnf and schwatt, i think they are solid enough that they are not long-term breakeven players in the stars' games)
Old 04-03-2007, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars has the lowest rake on the internet. According to your numbers, you are paying 14 cents per hand in rake at Ongame. Looking at PT, I pay 9.7 cents per hand at 6-max, and 7.1 cents per hand at Full Ring.

I am Supernova, and at 2/4 6-max I earn about 2.75 cents per dealt hand using the bonuses you can purchase with FPP's. This works out to between 25-38% RB at 2/4 depending on the average pot sizes, and whether you play 6-max or full ring.

Yes other sites with rakeback have possibly higher earn rate per hour with their higher rake, but as was mentioned before, the table selection is much worse.

I can 8-12 table on Stars with decent table selection. On Full Tilt I'm not sure there are even 12 tables of 2/4 going (6-max and FR) at most times.