Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 10:21 PM

Default Re: 50NL: This is standard right?

[ QUOTE ]
I bet this flop to try and represent AK. If I'm called I'll shut down. As played river is a clear fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't turn your hands into bluffs!
Old 04-01-2007, 10:29 PM

I would check this flop with AK especially against this guy. On the turn I bet bc if I check my hand is really face up and I'm just asking him to steal it. Cool thought it was pretty standard just checking, thanks.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet this flop to try and represent AK. If I'm called I'll shut down.

[/ QUOTE ]

To push out exactly KK?

I'd check the turn and probably fold to a decent-sized bet if he's tight (what do you beat other than JJ?). As played river is an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, to try and end the pot there. I don't want to keep playing this hand because when the turn comes a T I'm now worried one more of his hands just got there.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:38 PM

so what if TT got there....the only reasonable card we can be worried about hitting the turn is a King. TT is such a minuscule part of his range FFS

WHY is everyone here so insistent on bluff betting flops with awesome hands? I'm not sure what the % is, but it's definitely a majority of microstakes players. Stop turning your hands into bluffs!!!!!!!!! Let the donkeys bluff you. Checking is WAY WAY WAY more +++++EV than betting for information. Idk why anybody would bet for information.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so what if TT got there....the only reasonable card we can be worried about hitting the turn is a King. TT is such a minuscule part of his range FFS

WHY is everyone here so insistent on bluff betting flops with awesome hands? I'm not sure what the % is, but it's definitely a majority of microstakes players. Stop turning your hands into bluffs!!!!!!!!! Let the donkeys bluff you. Checking is WAY WAY WAY more +++++EV than betting for information. Idk why anybody would bet for information.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you'd prefer to check the flop and then call a bet from villain on the turn and river? This sounds horribly -EV to me.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:48 PM

I'd like a more detailed explanation on chacking the flop here. What do we do if he bets the flop? Do we call and check the turn again? It's so hard to play OOP...
Old 04-01-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you'd prefer to check the flop and then call a bet from villain on the turn and river? This sounds horribly -EV to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah dude, srsle.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:02 PM

Checking the flop doesn't commit you to calling bets on the turn and river.

If villain bets out on the flop and fires another big bet on the turn, he's probably got you beat and I wouldn't feel guilty laying it down.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:03 PM

This river is a fold, but I'm more than happy to call the turn and river here is river is non-heart/non-king
Old 04-01-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

basically if you bet the flop most hands that you beat will fold and the hands that beat you will call... the exact opposite of what you want to have happen.

On the other hand i 3bet light all the time and when i reraise pf i usually bet any flop, because villians usually put you on a big hand. so i bet this flop not because i'm bluffing but because i would also bet it with AK.

perhaps this is incorrect but I think chking with AK here is pretty transparent and most villians will correctly chk behind and take the free card to outdraw you.

hmm. I feel unsure about this now. I would like to here more about turn/river. Are we done with the hand once an A flops? somehow i don't like that much.