Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2006, 10:34 AM

Default Re: bet or take free card? (2/4, full)

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet. UTG could have raised the flop with a weak king or a jack and could have made a crying call after the raise only to, when unimproved, check / fold the turn. You also have a gutshot now and I think you have enough fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you get check raised enough to make betting bad, we are not ahead here like ever.

I don't think we have much fold equity, if any. We raised the flop for our free card, we should take it. I think a turn bet is pretty bad.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:06 AM

check the turn.

while it looks like it worked in this hand, I don't like the flop reraise very much at all. You have a multiway hand and you knock out a player. Also, while you do have equity, you don't have enough to reraise and by knocking out the SB you basically decreased your own implied odds.

with this board, this hand needs a bet and 2 callers and then you raise. reraising the flop is bad news unless you have quite a super read on UTG and know he'll definitely give you a free card. Evern then, you still cut your implied odds by knocking out SB.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:41 AM

I think it's an easy check behind. Get your free card. It would suck to get c/r since you have to call. And I don't see him folding
Old 01-04-2006, 02:04 PM

I like all streets postflop. I like the flop 3 bet to potentially buy us some A outs and to get the free card, which worked, so we take it.

Loose passive limper early, I think I'd like to get it HU preflop, and would raise.