Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Introverts v. Extroverts

The social conformist extrovert is far more concerned about the opinions of other people than are most introverts.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:24 PM

Yeah, its the extroverts job to change the introvert because the introvert is a threat to their way of life. We can be happy doing nothing which strikes many people as totally appalling.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nah, extroverts accomplish less because when you're talking you're not learning, thinking or doing so if they have higher self-esteem it's merely bogus self-esteem.

[/ QUOTE ]
My father said the other day that when I was an infant, I always looked around me and listened carefully, in silence. I started talking late, but when I did start, I talked well.

Some of your points may be true, but I still want to be able to feel totally comfortable around other people. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2007, 06:30 AM

BTW, I think some people rationalize their behavior/personality, even when it doesn't make a lot of sense. A while ago I read a forum for people w/ social phobia. Everybody was like "it's OK to have social phobia. You just have to accept who you are!". That's just retarded. You suffer needlessly, and you should try to fix it.

It's like psychologists saying 'depression can be adaptive'. That don't make it right, yo.

Also, good job on 5 posts in a row.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:18 AM

i'm a big extro
Old 04-13-2007, 03:09 PM

I'm an introvert, and decidedly so. I'm quite happy with it, too -- it's all about self-awareness and being comfortable with who you are. People who try to change just to please others are far less likely to be happy than people who are comfortable in their own skin.

A great way to tell if you're an introvert is to see whether being in social settings energizes you or exhausts you. I've known quite a few people who believed they were extroverts, because they were competent at interacting with people, but were actually introverts, because the interactions drained their energy away. You can adapt yourself to be able to function in social settings, but I've found the underlying uncomfortableness and energy drain never really goes away.