Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Sexual Double Standards (female input would be greatly appreciated

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is because kids are dumb. I mean this could apply to 18 yr old girls too, because theyre pretty dumb, but you gotta set the cutoff point somewhere. 14 year olds really just don't know how to handle their emotions and sex at that age, particularly with an adult, can have life-long traumatic results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you believe that a hot 24 year old female teacher will scar a 14 year old boy by having sex with him? I can't see how it would do anything except give him a great time and make him a man among boys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think more bad than good comes out of a 14 yr old banging a 24 yr old teacher for everyone involved especially the 14 yr old boy.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm only 21 and feel bad looking at a 14-15 year old in a sexual manner... I try as hard as I can to ignore them. If I notice a young teenager as sexy or what-have-you, I feel like a creep.

I'm guessing most everyone else is like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most people are. I was too, then I just decided to stop feeling guilty about it. No one's going to be hurt by a look or a thought. I'm not saying that we should act on it per se, but I think that if a majority of males are attracted to young females, then maybe it's not really a perversion.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
given the congruity of sexual maturation rates between men and women, why is there a sexual double standard that holds sex with young (pubescent) females to be criminally traumatizing, yet sex with young (pubescent) males to be cool?

[/ QUOTE ]
If a an adult male nails a 13 yr old girl he should be locked up. If he nails a 13 yr old boy he is exploiting him, and should be locked up.

A woman can get away with nailing a 13 yr old boy because every guy knows he wanted it bad at 13, and it wouldn't have messed him up at all to have some attractive teacher riding him.

Woman on girl is a grey area.

Basically society thinks men are predators, and women can't be. The sex of the adult is the primary reason behind the double standard. It is simple stereotyping because men do commit the vast majority of rapes/assaults, and are generally more sexually aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it looks like, at least if the law is involved, a womman can't get away with it any more than a man can.

I agree that most men wouldn't feel bad for the teenage boy seduced by some older woman. But since pregnancy can still result, there's still reason to take this seriously. Imagine the effect on a 14 year old kid of suddenly having to be a father and act like it. He's barely startling to stumble out of childhood himself and is in no way prepared emotionally or financially to take care of a child himself. Then in four years, the courts come calling if he doesn't pay child support. How'd you like your 14 year old boy facing 18 or more years of child support at that age? The kid's future would be serverely curtailed before it had even started.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm only 21 and feel bad looking at a 14-15 year old in a sexual manner... I try as hard as I can to ignore them. If I notice a young teenager as sexy or what-have-you, I feel like a creep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most people are. I was too, then I just decided to stop feeling guilty about it. No one's going to be hurt by a look or a thought. I'm not saying that we should act on it per se, but I think that if a majority of males are attracted to young females, then maybe it's not really a perversion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's any form of perversion if they've reached sexual maturity. It's just illegal and, generally, probably wrong (though there are plenty of cases where I'm sure it would be fine) to act on it. If you want to be a dirty old man, go ahead.

As for the double standard, I think a big difference is that 15-16 year old girls are a lot nearer to the apex of their sexual desirability to men than 15-16 year old boys are to women. So I'm guessing it happens quite a bit less.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Sexual Double Standards (female input would be greatly appreciated)

If you are a youngish guy and you DON'T get turned on by hot 15 yo girls and you're straight, THAT's when I'd think there's something wrong with you.

trying to act on it is murkier obv. a lot of the "emotional maturity vs. physical maturity" arguments smell like BS though, for one because so many people NEVER achieve any great degree of emotional maturity and you don't see anyone telling guys not to hit on a 25yo because she's not emotionally mature enough. but also there's a lot of assuming going on about psychological damage and permanent scarring and such which while melodramatic to the point of being hysterical isn't often defended by actual arguments and evidence. so if anyone has links to studies they find convincing plz post them here!
Old 03-31-2007, 09:56 PM

My first thought in response to this thread was about the gap between physical maturation and emotional maturation.

In reference to your question about what makes it wrong to have those thoughts...well the fact you're having those sexual thoughts when such sexual encounters would inevitably be bad for the teenager make it a little creepy in my mind. While I could easily pick out a hot 14 year old, I wouldn't have thoughts about screwing them...the after effects of that on a kid is just...not good.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by looking at them in s asexual manner? Rapidly moving your eyebrows up and down?

If they're obviously sexually developed, then they can be very sexy even when teenagers. And I can appreciate and enjoy how beautiful they can be without seriously wanting to bang them. Whatever I might feel about them, their sexuality is none of my damn business, and as a grown-up, I can and do just keep it to myself. But I'm not about to feel guilty about natural sexual impulses or desires. I'm confident in my character and they don't threaten me or anybody else. I have no problem making peace with being human.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:06 PM

At my sister's 40th birthday party I met a girl, looked around 17-18, who still stands as one of the 3-4 most beautiful women I've seen in the flesh; def an OOT 9+, just about flawless in every way. Mind-bogglingly she lit up as soon as she saw me, couldn't take her eyes off me all afternoon. After chatting with her for a while I couldn't pry her away from her parents. I was like wtf, god hates me.

Turned out she was 13 and dating my nephew. My sister-in-law saw the way she was looking at me and had gone around telling everyone there not to let me know her age so as not to spoil the fun.

I wouldn't have done anything with her knowing that I guess but it's [censored] hard to think of it as immoral.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:11 PM

LOL your sister might be the immoral one. Man that was mean of her!
Old 03-31-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL your sister might be the immoral one. Man that was mean of her!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think girls realize just how mean leading someone on like that really is.