Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Fancy play alarm

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
"Mwahaha, I have your bucket. If you want it back, you will give me $1 million in small, unmarked herring. . . "

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-01-2007, 10:15 PM

I curious at the absence of raises a) preflop and b) on the flop; can you explain? Basically, you're telling us you gave up a decent stealing opportunity vs. an EP poster and a likely at-worst-breakeven-but-at-least-getting-some-cheapish-info raise in order to set this up. Which means the FPS alarm definitely should have sounded.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:35 PM

Nice raise!! Unfortunatley it came one street too late. I prefer a flop raise here as we have better equity. Note here that I didn't say I would raise the flop only because our position to the action might get us HU(if MP3 3-bets)with the worst hand.

On the turn you have to consider that MP3 is betting again into two players and you say he can think. There is only a FD for players other than Ax to call with. So even if he has you chasing a draw he has to worry about the cold-calling button on both prior streets. Yes he could be in bet/fold mode but I think we have to weigh his hands more heavly toward Ax which is never folding. If you get 3-bet you have to call.

Not a good spot to pull this IMO.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I curious at the absence of raises a) preflop and b) on the flop; can you explain? Basically, you're telling us you gave up a decent stealing opportunity vs. an EP poster and a likely at-worst-breakeven-but-at-least-getting-some-cheapish-info raise in order to set this up. Which means the FPS alarm definitely should have sounded.

[/ QUOTE ]

help me out ... I don't get a flop raise either?

does he donk or check raise

does check raising here ever win after BTN calls MP3's flop bet? ... I like a raise if he folds, but after he calls (I call and hope MP2 wants to come along ... and play it straight up after that)
Old 04-01-2007, 11:37 PM

PB, a flop raise is not intended to win this right there. It is stricly because we have an equity edge. 35% to hit our darw by the river and only contributing 33% to the pot. Yes it is a small edge but an edge nontheless. Now in my post I mentioned that i may not raise this flop only because if either player drops out I no longer have that edge. 35% to hit but contribute 50% to the pot when HU. I'm also not drawing to the nuts but thats only a small concern
Old 04-01-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PB, a flop raise is not intended to win this right there. It is stricly because we have an equity edge. 35% to hit our darw by the river and only contributing 33% to the pot. Yes it is a small edge but an edge nontheless. Now in my post I mentioned that i may not raise this flop only because if either player drops out I no longer have that edge. 35% to hit but contribute 50% to the pot when HU. I'm also not drawing to the nuts but thats only a small concern

[/ QUOTE ]

i would check raise for value if we had two callers ... once we include rake into the calculation a raise for value with just one caller is so thin that risking a 3bet and a fold just isn't worth it IMO
Old 04-02-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would check raise for value if we had two callers ... once we include rake into the calculation a raise for value with just one caller is so thin that risking a 3bet and a fold just isn't worth it IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe we're saying the samething in relation to this hand. There will be circumstances when it will be fine to push that small edge, this just isn't one of them.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about raising the flop but never for value because MP3 will often reraise and button will

1. Fold, making me pay a lot to draw
2. Call, indicating he has a hand which means my equity is slightly above 1/3 at best.

Edit: The talk about a free card was BS of course :-)