Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: aejones

[ QUOTE ]

not only that, but if you will follow the order of what happened just in this particular case, it went:

1) does stupid [censored] in mttc
2) gets banned for 1 day by mttc mod
3) *instantly* makes a new account to say some other stupid crap in mttc
4) mttc mod permabans new account and lengthens ban on original acct to 1 week
5) very quickly makes a new account and starts posting in msnl openly as aejones
6) everyone in msnl rofls about it
7) a mod of msnl posts in the thread, knowing that it is aejones

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the one who originally banned him for trolling MTTc for the millionth time. Citanul summed it up above and it looks like Big Jim has taken care of extending his ban another 2 days which is fine by me.

I have nothing against aejones except that he continually comes in and talks trash about MTTs and this time he decided to comment about the people who play MTTs. I thought one day was a nice short ban and a easy way to get it across to him that his trolling of MTTc is getting old fast.

I usually read through the MSNL monthly thread and didn't see a new account posting there but it looks like he didn't post in there with the new account so I never caught it otherwise I'd have taken care of this.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:22 PM

LOL... just opened up P5's to see this...
Aejones must be bored since he is banned from 2p2
Old 03-31-2007, 02:06 AM

I mustve missed something. Why is he banned?
Old 03-31-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I mustve missed something. Why is he banned?

[/ QUOTE ]

He basically trolls MTT about once every month. Comes into a bunch of threads, insults a bunch of MTT'rs, tells everyone how they all suck, starts a flame war, and then runs back to msnl when the mods bitch at him.

He went a little farther this time, and Badger decided to stand up to him. Then he created a second account, causes some more trouble, and Badger extended it to 1 week. Then we found out he started a third account, and I'm not sure what happened this time.

He's my least favorite poster on 2p2. I try to avoid his topics because one day I'll end up snapping and getting myself in trouble.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:04 AM

This user, who basically started posting in aejones' threads as soon as the other new account was banned, is also aejones.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This user, who basically started posting in aejones' threads as soon as the other new account was banned, is also aejones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would lengthen the ban for a month and send him an email saying if he makes an account again before his time is up he is going to get permabanned.

Also a thought: maybe the reason he is undermining other mods decisions is because he knows he can get away with it because the MSNL mods will look the other way (as usual, see Dan Bright and Yves).
Old 03-31-2007, 02:23 PM

Banned that account, and I'll talk to jim about what to do with the main account.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would lengthen the ban for a month and send him an email saying if he makes an account again before his time is up he is going to get permabanned.

Also a thought: maybe the reason he is undermining other mods decisions is because he knows he can get away with it because the MSNL mods will look the other way (as usual, see Dan Bright and Yves).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and I think yves was fine posting in MSNL, which I still stand by today.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would like to point out, again, that both Dan and Yves were posting only strat (as far as I saw), while completely under my radar, for a week or more before I became aware of the situation.

Regardless, as far as I know, policing bans handed out by other mods in other forums is not part of my job description. This is in large part due to the unclear and inconsistent approach that has been given to these matters, in the past.

None of these people have done anything to warrant a ban, in my forum, so I saw no reason to ban them.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:33 PM

Jim,

If someone is banned, they are not allowed to post for the duration of their ban. It is indeed in our job description to make sure those bans hold for their period, and thereby make sure that the banning system has a legitimacy as a tool. It just is.

Knowingly letting your forum regulars because they are your regulars, when you know that the rules are that people may not create duplicate accounts to circumvent their bans, is basically the same as peeing on the other mods and saying that you don't care about their opinions and judgements.

In the case of Dan in particular, and only slightly less in Yves, you aren't coming close to talking about someone that you could have somehow missed that they were banned, or what the wishes of the mod (or admin) who did the banning was.

Your forum members are not an island, nor is your moderating. Both are expected to work well with their neighbors.