Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: QQ vs river shove

Everyone who advocates calling river, what do you expect to see here? I honestly dont think I'm good here enough of the time...
Old 03-29-2007, 02:18 PM

He played this hand so weird that I think that you have to call.
Does he just call your flop bet with a set when there is potential draws out? I dont think he has a set, but there is a litle chance you can see 55 here depending how much of a fish he is. But does he call you flop bet with 55 with 2 overcards?
A7 is a possibility, maybe he were going to checkraise you on the turn.
But, I think that he thinks that you are weak since you checked the turn and decide to try to take it down, so I say call.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:27 PM

Missed flush draw is part of his range as well...
Old 03-29-2007, 02:38 PM

A7 isnt an option for a guy that limps and then calls that bet utg, AT doesnt look like one either. Is he trapping with a hand like aces or kings... I dont think so, because having MP yet to act, just calling would give him good odds to see a flop. So I think that UTG has a hand like any pp JJ to 22, or a hand like AK or AQ. The flop gives a better look to cut down some hands. He calls 10 with a player yet to act, so he has got to have a set, jacks, or a hand like AK AQ of clubs, which are hands that perfectly fit his check on the turn. Also both hands are good for his river all in move, since he might have seen your turn check like weakness and therefore is trying to steal the pot, or is hoping to bust a large pp with his full house. If he had jacks he would just call. So its a flush draw or a boat/quads.. TOUGH situation, Ive thought about it and still dont know what to do. Go with your gut
Old 03-29-2007, 02:40 PM

I probably call.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vb the passive types, no reason to really get tricky...

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Probably fold river, unlikey he is bluff raising. It also seems unlikely that he'd check behind turn with AT etc. then raise river.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A7 isnt an option for a guy that limps and then calls that bet utg, AT doesnt look like one either. Is he trapping with a hand like aces or kings... I dont think so, because having MP yet to act, just calling would give him good odds to see a flop. So I think that UTG has a hand like any pp JJ to 22, or a hand like AK or AQ. The flop gives a better look to cut down some hands. He calls 10 with a player yet to act, so he has got to have a set, jacks, or a hand like AK AQ of clubs, which are hands that perfectly fit his check on the turn. Also both hands are good for his river all in move, since he might have seen your turn check like weakness and therefore is trying to steal the pot, or is hoping to bust a large pp with his full house. If he had jacks he would just call. So its a flush draw or a boat/quads.. TOUGH situation, Ive thought about it and still dont know what to do. Go with your gut

[/ QUOTE ]

This is NL100, and from what I remember when I played there, there was def some players limping and calling with A7s etc.
Like I said, since you checked the turn he thinks that you are weak and wants to take the pot down, missed flushdraw is a pretty likely holding.