Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: NLCASH theory question

You are getting 4:1 pot odds when you limp these are good enough odds to play almost any hand in an SnG and if you limp some of your big hands then the villain really can't put you on a weak holdling when you limp.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:32 PM

First off, if you've played poker long enough, I believe the answer to most poker questions can be answered, "It depends".

I only started playing heads-up, because I realized that my poker game was weak in terms of my short-handed and heads up play. Playing heads up, is one big game of pyschological warfare. When I'm playing heads up, the first thing I look for is how I can throw the other person's strategy against me out of wack.

There are people who like to limp in and try to outplay you on the flop. In those cases, I like to raise pre-flop, so that they don't ever get to see a flop, or...see a flop at a higher cost.

In essence, it really depends on the kind of player you are. If you are the type that likes to see flops, then play that "passive" type strategy. Just play a game that you are comfortable with, and if you notice that the limping is getting picked up on, then attack with a different strategy.

Good luck,

-The DarkDragon, team captain of the Underground Poker Crew (Omaha, NE)
Old 04-02-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are getting 4:1 pot odds when you limp these are good enough odds to play almost any hand in an SnG and if you limp some of your big hands then the villain really can't put you on a weak holdling when you limp.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree with your statement but it is 3:1. I don't want anyone to read this that did not understand and think it's 4:1 or something.