Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Zorro Poker Saloon Tournament Trip Report

That last schedule was not the corrected one.

I opened the wrong file. Here it is below:

Level Duration Game Type Small Blind Big Blind Ante
Round 1 30m No Limit $50 $100 $0
Round 2 30m No Limit $100 $200 $0
Round 3 30m No Limit $150 $300 $0
Round 4 30m No Limit $200 $400 $0
Round 5 30m No Limit $250 $500 $0
Break 1 15m
Round 6 20m No Limit $400 $800 $0
Round 7 20m No Limit $600 $1,200 $0
Round 8 20m No Limit $1,000 $2,000 $0
Break 2 15m
Round 9 20m No Limit $1,500 $3,000 $0
Round 10 20m No Limit $2,500 $5,000 $0
Round 11 20m No Limit $4,000 $8,000 $0
Round 12 20m No Limit $6,000 $12,000 $0
Round 13 20m No Limit $10,000 $20,000 $0
Round 14 20m No Limit $15,000 $30,000 $0
Round 15 20m No Limit $20,000 $40,000 $0
Round 16 20m No Limit $30,000 $60,000 $0
Old 03-28-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Final Table:

Nine Players. We pay seven.

[/ QUOTE ]

A third? VERY nice, good job spreading the rebuy wealth. I guess you did use one of the 9-seat tables?

Starting chip stacks could be nice- I always make my final table count and report their stacks (for MY game reports) before they start.

The stacks are ESPECIALLY important in showing the tourney play (note for future reports)

[ QUOTE ]
We’re down to seven and in the money. Four or five limpers to me in the BB and I look down at AJspades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personal preference is AJs, or you could do AJ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I want to raise here and maybe pick it all up but the table is too loose and if I miss, then I’ve wasted some chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... no, unless you're a low-medium stack. Sounds as if you're getting outplayed when you flop nothing?

[ QUOTE ]
It checks around. Jerks! The turn comes some card. I lead out 3000 into a 10K pot. My brother to my left calls and Tom calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT three spades, please? Tough to figure out what to do when the details are missing.

[ QUOTE ]
seen Tom bluff before and I certainly couldn’t call so I folded and he has to flip over A9. Ugh!

He obviously doesn’t know about checking it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT?!?! Once you're IN the money? Please tell me you're kidding.

[ QUOTE ]
I maybe should have considered reraising all in after he called Jeff preflop, but I didn’t want to gamble my chips away because I can’t guarantee Tom wouldn’t call anyway since he likes to do the spectacular and knocking out two people would be just that.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT WERE THE STACK SIZES? Sounds as if you should have been HAPPY to gamble with Tom.

[ QUOTE ]
We get down to five people and I have KJs utg and because raises aren’t respected too much I just limp it ....worst hand wins when Dale pairs his 8 on the flop and Tom and I both miss, but his Q kicker plays and I am out in 5th.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you WON'T be using that piss-poor reason NOT to raise in the future, right?
Old 03-28-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then I did something that was absolutely undefendable.

[/ QUOTE ]
... and you promise NEVER to do again, right?

First and only time.

[ QUOTE ]
After that I built up my chips stack to about 10K or so and this hand came up:

65BB. Three limpers and the sb completed and I checked. The flop came Q7T or something like that. I checked and the rest checked. The turn was a 2, and now had a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you didn't tell us... oh wait, that wasn't 65 big bets in your stack, that was 65s in the BB? Try to add a little more hand notation, to make things easier to follow. What was the suited card on the flop, the 7 I hope?

I don't remember which card matched the turn suit. It kind of didn't matter since my bet was a total bluff. Perhaps you're seeing something I'm not though.

[ QUOTE ]
I got paid off two hands later w/ 77 and won a small pot vs. my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is a small pot getting "paid off" ?

Details too fuzzy to remember or I would have added.

[ QUOTE ]
The rebuy period ended and we ended up w/ 15 rebuys and 13 add-ons

[/ QUOTE ]

.. answering my earlier question...
So, you had about 52 starting stacks worth of chips in play... so the BB at the ending level should be about 3 starting stacks (T15K, IIRC)?

[ QUOTE ]
They had already lost it to their rebuy hitmen earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would never have thought of handling knockout buttons in that manner. Either that's a great idea, getting people to gamble to build the rebuy pot.... or you should only allow the bounty chips to be active after the rebuy period is over?

We decided to do it that way because adding the bounties is another reason for the fish to have a chance to grab something to take back with them. The best players will still benefit the most. I just didn't have the cards in the right hands to do it first.

[ QUOTE ]
We still had 16 people left and would make two table once we lost one more. We’d have done it sooner, but the way we had to have the tables, one seat was blocked off and unuseable for the 2nd and third table.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm... then why not use BOTH tables for the tourney and save the full table for the cash game? 9-handed for the final table might be better anyway, depending on places paid... and you can't be paying more than 5, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't have a cash game afterwards, nor interest in one.

We actually did have 9 when we made the final table. It was just eight early on and I actually thought of exactly what you said after we made the final table later. I could have just moved over the empty table and we could have had a table of 9 and a table of 8, which we'll do next time.

Thanks for the comments.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Final Table:

Nine Players. We pay seven.

[/ QUOTE ]

A third? VERY nice, good job spreading the rebuy wealth. I guess you did use one of the 9-seat tables?

Starting chip stacks could be nice- I always make my final table count and report their stacks (for MY game reports) before they start.

The stacks are ESPECIALLY important in showing the tourney play (note for future reports)

[ QUOTE ]
We’re down to seven and in the money. Four or five limpers to me in the BB and I look down at AJspades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personal preference is AJs, or you could do AJ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I want to raise here and maybe pick it all up but the table is too loose and if I miss, then I’ve wasted some chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... no, unless you're a low-medium stack. Sounds as if you're getting outplayed when you flop nothing?

[ QUOTE ]
It checks around. Jerks! The turn comes some card. I lead out 3000 into a 10K pot. My brother to my left calls and Tom calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT three spades, please? Tough to figure out what to do when the details are missing.

[ QUOTE ]
seen Tom bluff before and I certainly couldn’t call so I folded and he has to flip over A9. Ugh!

He obviously doesn’t know about checking it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT?!?! Once you're IN the money? Please tell me you're kidding.

[ QUOTE ]
I maybe should have considered reraising all in after he called Jeff preflop, but I didn’t want to gamble my chips away because I can’t guarantee Tom wouldn’t call anyway since he likes to do the spectacular and knocking out two people would be just that.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT WERE THE STACK SIZES? Sounds as if you should have been HAPPY to gamble with Tom.

[ QUOTE ]
We get down to five people and I have KJs utg and because raises aren’t respected too much I just limp it ....worst hand wins when Dale pairs his 8 on the flop and Tom and I both miss, but his Q kicker plays and I am out in 5th.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you WON'T be using that piss-poor reason NOT to raise in the future, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting final table stack sizes isn't going to happen. I'm the only one serious about poker so they're not going to want to wait and do all that.

That goes for some other requests as well. The most important thing is to keep them happy and coming back and unnecessary pauses annoy some of the crowd. They're not used to all the structure, but they will grow to love it since they're finally playing in a properly run tournament.

As far as folding my AQ on the KKJ flop, I don't see how that's a call when I have plenty of my stack left to preserve. Even though I've played with Tom a fair amount, I've never seen him show down a bluff in my memory. That whole sequence is nothing I've even seen from him. I'm behind even a pair of ducks if that's all he has. I will be more inclined to call the next time I see him do that though, but like I said, this is the first time I'd seen him make a move like that.