Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How do you order your cards when playing a card game
I order them highest to lowest going left to right (Aces on the left, deuces on the right) 60 35.29%
I order them lowest to highest going left to right (Deuces on the left, aces on the right) 91 53.53%
I keep them in a jumbled mess 19 11.18%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2007, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Overpair vs. bluffer, 50NL

i understand that the turn bet reduces the likelihood that he is bluffing, but in this particular scenario i think we can call him on the river b/c it is cheap.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:46 AM

I´m sorry! I meant to say that I prefer to check behind for obvious reasons (listed them above) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Really messed up what i wrote after i reread it i understand that it isn´t making any sense b/c it apparently is stupid!
So yeah check behind on the turn to induce a bluff and call a blank o tne river...
Tnx haz...
Old 03-28-2007, 07:57 AM

Funny i stacked someone on the same exact situation this morning, he bets 1/2 pot on turn ( i put him on overpair after that bet ) and shoved on my rivered QQQ he had JJ.
Was on UB 100
Old 03-28-2007, 07:58 AM

Another problem is though that habitual bluffers usually play very weak when do have a hand... So i´m not really positive that a turn check is the right play.
But if we think that he´s going to push the river anyways if we check behind on the turn, we might bet the turn for additional FE.

This imo is a very intersting discussion topic: FE on the turn vs. Inducing bluffs !

I think I´ll get a thread going about this... I´m kinda lost in this hand though!
Old 03-28-2007, 08:00 AM

His range is wider than a str8, much wider and if we check the turn he probably bluffs with much of his missed range -I reckon ~ 70% time he'll bet the river and go for a chkriase with the str8/made hand I feel.

Checking the turn also controls pot on a dangerous board vs a villan that may make a big river bluff bet/raise big on the turn. If the board wasn't so co-ordinated with str8 and lots SC/OSC 2pairs I'll probably bet 3 streets vs him -

though I recently have been going overboard with betting all the streets so caveat lector.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:44 AM

I think checking is way the best option here. Against a habitual bluffer you could get pushed out of the pot here any time, so betting isn't that fun. If he has the straight, you have 4 outs to improve. And by checking you induce bluffs like crazy, so I would check behind and c/c river.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so why wouldn't we call on the river when we have better odds and good showdown value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the fact he called a strong turn bet on a 4 straight board means we probably don't have much show down value. Only thing we would be beating at that point is air (possible and in his range) but why not keep the pot smaller and check behind the turn?
Old 03-28-2007, 10:11 AM

i vote for check turn call reasonable bet on a river blank I think this is the best play given villan.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think checking is way the best option here. Against a habitual bluffer you could get pushed out of the pot here any time, so betting isn't that fun. If he has the straight, you have 4 outs to improve. And by checking you induce bluffs like crazy, so I would check behind and c/c river.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree with this. I don't think betting turn is wrong but I also prefer the check...esp. since he hadn't done anything out of line this session so he thinks his image is pristine (Ok, I think that he thinks that I think he is pristine...3rd level? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ).

For those who said call up to a PSB on the river...the note said he likes "huge bluffs"...I would have called anything since I think he's bluffing more than he has a hand here.

Results: <font color="white">He bluffed ~PSB on river, I called, and MHIG </font>
Old 03-28-2007, 11:58 AM

Basically the odds of you winning lots of monbies are much greater against this type of opponent if you check the turn and call pretty much any river than if you bet the turn and call a cr ai