Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Re: 50NL 225 BB Deep with a set in a reraised pot

[ QUOTE ]
You aren't gonna be scared of any turn card with the action so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having a little trouble with this. Aren't there several cards that could come on the turn that would either slow us down or kill any action for us? i.e., any A, Q, K, or J.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You aren't gonna be scared of any turn card with the action so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having a little trouble with this. Aren't there several cards that could come on the turn that would either slow us down or kill any action for us? i.e., any A, Q, K, or J.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the action, what do you think he has? How is any card (I admit a Q is a bad card, but you're not SCARED of it) gonna stop you? If a K comes, you put him on KK when he reraised you on the flop? No. If a J comes, you put him on KT? No. He likely has a lone ace, POSSIBLY AQ but you can't be scared that just because the middle card pairs that he has a boat already.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:30 AM

Thanks for the input guys. You guys are thinking along the same lines as me. My actual play was to raise to $69, and I guess my odd betting induced him to make a mistake and he pushed. I grudgingly called, thinking I was either beating AQ or losing to a higher set, but there was too much money in the pot to fold for the additional $40. I cried when I saw the Q, but look how it turned out in the end:

<font color="black">Turn:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($253.55, 3 Players - 2 All-In)
No Action

<font color="black">River:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($253.55, 3 Players - 2 All-In)
No Action

Hero had 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a full house, Sevens full of Queens) and won (+$99.60)
BB had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a full house, Aces full of Queens) and won (+$19.20)
BTN had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and lost (-$121.55)

Pot Size: $253.55 ($3 Rake)
Old 03-27-2007, 06:25 AM

Grunch: The big blinds bet and your raise don't necassarilly mean a big hand, button could be raising with a TPTK hand. I would be looking to get a lot of money in with this hand.

I like raising on the flop. A raise to 56-60 would be good on the flop. Maybe even raise to forty, and entice villain in, make them think you got a hand like A7 suited. For that price I think they have to call w/ AK, AJ, and AQ.

If opponnent just calls, even with that card I like the half lead on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
Is my reasoning faulty here?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. That's why I like the half lead on the turn, I don't know if I could get away from this hand, but I think this play gives us a chance to make a decision whether to get it all in as expected or to pull back and save a bet. If opponnent shows no agression I'm getting it in on the river.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:42 AM

yeah i flat call and lead the turn. the way the hand played out all the money was going in at some point but its kind of badly played by everyone i think. your lines fine if hes willing to stack off with tptk which he is.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:50 PM

My first guess, seeing how the hand was played, is that BTN probably has something like AK or AQ preflop which is very likely, very tough hand to get away from. Let me know the results when you get a chance, was this ur biggest $50 NL pot? I've had about 10-15 pots at $200 or more in about 350k hands at $50 NL in the past 6 months.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:00 PM

Nevermind, I was informed of the results after reading the entire thread and think that a raise to about 35 would be suffficient here. If he's that aggressive, he's probably going to call a $21 bet into an already $60ish pot. No reason to slack off, once board pairs, I don't think he could put u on a Q after raising him. You could decide on betting half the pot on the turn and hope that he shoves on you and gg to him.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me know the results when you get a chance, was this ur biggest $50 NL pot? I've had about 10-15 pots at $200 or more in about 350k hands at $50 NL in the past 6 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Results were posted above. Yes, this is my biggest pot at $50 NL out of 20,000 hands.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:59 PM

Dude your $4 bet is pretty bad. Whatever you are thinking is FPS. Make a real bet and don't let him decide to play an AK cautiously. What is villain's 3bet range pf?
Old 03-27-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude your $4 bet is pretty bad. Whatever you are thinking is FPS. Make a real bet and don't let him decide to play an AK cautiously. What is villain's 3bet range pf?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's right, I'd be leading with at least a $12 bet if not check raising to get more money in the pot, I cant see him laying down AK after raising that hard..