Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Party not waiting til April 9th, Neteller closed to canadians.

[ QUOTE ]
Ronnie: Due to an internal business decision, as of March 26th, 2007, InstaCASH will no longer be a deposit option for Canadian NETELLER members. Effective April 9th, 2007, Canadian NETELLER members will no longer be able to transfer funds to or from any online gambling sites. Effective April 15, 2007, all Canadian NETELLER members will have their money frozen indefinitely.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 03-27-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bobo,

Doh, you're right ipoker won't let me. I'm going to call them right now and see if they will override it and allow the transaction.

By the way, have you figured a way to contact moneybookers? I can't find an email address and I don't want to call longdistance to the UK either.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think we're going to find this is pretty standard. I believe it's a security issue, and when you think about it, it sort of makes sense. If your account is compromised, the only place anyone can get your money to quickly are places you funded the account with, not just some account number said hacker gave them. They have to make a deposit and then a cashout, takes a little more time. At least I think that's what it's all about. Either way, I think pretty much every network requires this, and we're going to have to get used to making small deposits to change withdrawal methods. Perhaps we'll see a little more flexibility as Neteller bows out, but I'm not confident.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:58 AM

http://content.neteller.com/content/..._canada.htm#10
Old 03-27-2007, 01:18 AM

Ok I probably have to wait a day or two. Moneybookers requires a small credit card transaction for verification purposes - i expect it will take a day or two before it shows on my credit card.

Will carry on the pilgrimage of xfering my money to Party then... and of course update you guys.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://content.neteller.com/content/..._canada.htm#10

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at this line:

"I am a resident of Canada. Can I still become a NETELLER member?
Yes. The current changes to NETELLER’s business in Canada have no effect on the sign up process."

Yeah, so I can use my spanking new Neteller account for all of those non-gaming merchants...
Old 03-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Just logged into Will Hill, and it looks like they've decided to jump the gun and remove neteller as a withdrawal option as well. Tried to change my deposit method. First thing it makes you do is remove your neteller details. Click on that, says sorry, you have a balance, you must withdraw to your current registed card. Great thanks.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:53 AM

What do you mean by this? What card? I have a crypto account (interpoker) and was able to deposit via neteller yesterday. I suspect if they stop it I can still withdraw via cheque (with some cover play)

[ QUOTE ]

says sorry, you have a balance, you must withdraw to your current registed card. Great thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-27-2007, 11:58 AM

By card, I mean neteller. Card is just the terminology they use for any deposit method. Yes, it was working yesterday, but not today. Anyway, I'm sure they'll work this out eventually. Just wish these sites would quit pulling the plug immediately instead of giving us the same 2 weeks neteller is.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean by this? What card? I have a crypto account (interpoker) and was able to deposit via neteller yesterday. I suspect if they stop it I can still withdraw via cheque (with some cover play)

[ QUOTE ]

says sorry, you have a balance, you must withdraw to your current registed card. Great thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine you need to register a debit or credit card, and if that won't work, they'll send you a cheque.

Don't forget, Interpoker & Sun are using eCash Direct, so I wouldn't expect them to move in synch with Will Hill. Not that they won't do the same soon, just saying that WH doing it doesn't mean they will for sure.

Very disappointing...hopefully this and Party are just isolated incidences, and not the coming trend. If they all cut us off today, we'd make our way around, but it would be MUCH easier if they let us have the time that Neteller has given us. Honestly, I have no idea what Party & WH are thinking...this can only hurt business, and I just don't see the upside.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just logged into Will Hill, and it looks like they've decided to jump the gun and remove neteller as a withdrawal option as well. Tried to change my deposit method. First thing it makes you do is remove your neteller details. Click on that, says sorry, you have a balance, you must withdraw to your current registed card. Great thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having the same problem with Will Hill. Requested a withdrawal from them on Sunday, and still hasn't hit my Neteller account this Tuesday morning. What pisses me off the most is they aren't responding to e-mails telling me what to do. I want my money Will Hill! I'm not going away. Bet365 on the other hand took like 1hr to send the funds to my Neteller account on Monday morning.