Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: If they had a (restaurant/fast food) in my town, it\'d make $$$.

( I made the post about Giardanos ).

I actually think Colorado would be a better area for the chicago style pizza places. While living out there, a huge percentage of the people I met had relocated there from either California or Chicago.

Last I heard they were actually setting up Aurelios all over Denver and were doing quite well.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:30 PM

Sonic...there's commercials here for them all the time, but not a Sonic in the state.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:34 PM

I live in a small town in Arizona and drive 1 hour about 3 times a week to go to school in a larger town in california. The town in california is basically 4-6 different 20k-30k towns that are within a 30 mile radious. There is this piece of crap burger place that has TV's that makes cash like crazy. Their gimmick is having tv's and having ok looking waitresses and selling decent burgers. Its a mediocre take on Hooters, but there are 3 of them in that 30 mile radius. I have been saying this for years, but if a Hooters opened up there it would be like printing money. They would make insane amounts of cash.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:35 PM

My friend went to U of Maryland in arguably the worst college town I have ever seen. In any case, he had an idea to open up a "grease truck" in one of the closed down shops there. If you haven't been to NJ or an imitator, grease trucks are these parked trucks/stands which sell sub rolls filled with fried foods - think mozz sticks, chicken fingers, cheese steak, onions rings, french fries, etc. They are delicious and would make a killing in most college towns, as I'm sure they do in New Brunswick.

[ QUOTE ]
Sonic...there's commercials here for them all the time, but not a Sonic in the state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their national advertising without a national presence is [censored] annoying.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Way overrated IMO. I was so excited when they started putting Sonic's in California, but then I tried it and realized I wasn't missing out.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if they had aNOTHER cheesecake factory right next to the first one, it'd make bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this place fine but going in at 5pm!! and getting a two hour wait is like woah wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

you gotta go to one thats at a mall where they give you the beeper thing so you can walk around/shop while you are waiting.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My friend went to U of Maryland in arguably the worst college town I have ever seen. In any case, he had an idea to open up a "grease truck" in one of the closed down shops there. If you haven't been to NJ or an imitator, grease trucks are these parked trucks/stands which sell sub rolls filled with fried foods - think mozz sticks, chicken fingers, cheese steak, onions rings, french fries, etc. They are delicious and would make a killing in most college towns, as I'm sure they do in New Brunswick.

[/ QUOTE ]

My little brother (11 at the time), had an idea for a thing like this, but instead it sells coffee and donuts, there are about 30 catholic churches within a 10 block radius where we live. He figured parking a few outside different churches after each mass would make a lot of money. Also, he wanted to make a "pretzel donut", a donut shaped like a pretzel, with or without salt.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My friend went to U of Maryland in arguably the worst college town I have ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]I didn't go there, but I grew up in Maryland. Just curious as to why you say this.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They wont put them in cold weather states. They want to keep the Sonic experience. I actualy inquired about opening one up. I hate that there are none in NY.