Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Can Canadians trust Neteller for withdrawing?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You should be okay, the Americans didn't receive their money because it was SEIZED by the DoJ, not because of impropriety on the part of Neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an American, and just checked my Neteller account. It still has a balance of $10.80. This money has NOT been seized by the DOJ, Neteller has simply refused to allow me and countless others to withdraw their funds.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? IF the DOJ really seized others' funds, why on earth would they try sending yours? You'd like yours seized too?
Old 03-27-2007, 11:31 PM

wow
wrong
Old 03-28-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you contact the merchant directly and explain you don't want to wait and why you don't want to use neteller they should let you cash out by other means.

[/ QUOTE ]

FOr sure. I didn't trust neteller and stars had no problem letting me choose a new method for withdrawls.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
??? IF the DOJ really seized others' funds, why on earth would they try sending yours? You'd like yours seized too?

[/ QUOTE ]

IF...IF...IF...

You have no proof that the DOJ has seized anything, now do you?
Old 03-28-2007, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no proof that the DOJ has seized anything, now do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends how you define proof. There is this in NT's press release:

----------
Following upon the complaints dated 16 January 2007, banks in the US began declining to permit transactions involving the Group through accounts maintained at one or more automated clearinghouses in the United States. Additionally, the Group has been advised that the USAO has obtained court-ordered seizure warrants seizing funds pertaining to the Group’s transactions. To the best of the Group’s knowledge, it believes that the amount of funds seized by the USAO or otherwise restricted by third parties does not exceed US$ 55 million. These funds were largely in the process of being transferred from the Group to its US customers or vice versa.
----------

Yes, yes, I know, it comes from Neteller. However, I haven't heard the DOJ denying it, have you?

Other than that, I have no proof, no.

Don't get me wrong, if I was an American with a whack of cash tied up in NT, I'd be pretty pissed off. I think NT has handled the situation very badly, but I also think that the fact that Americans can not get their money is NOT NT's doing. Just my opinion, based on everything I've read.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:31 AM

I attempted to withdraw from Interpoker last night. This morning I received the usual email indicating that the transaction is in progress. I'll let you know when the money hits my neteller account.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:24 AM

I believe that your money will MOST likely be okay with Neteller, even after the April 9th cut off for gambling transactions.

However, I do not really like to take risks and I'll be getting cashouts directly from reputable sites from now rather than EFTs from Neteller.

Those who got a crappy conversion rate, got it mainly because the exchange rate really sucks right now.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:36 AM

I requested a payout from PokerStars from them last week and recieved the cheque yesterday. I took about a week; my recollection is I used to get cheques in 3-4 days so everything still seems to be working fine.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I attempted to withdraw from Interpoker last night. This morning I received the usual email indicating that the transaction is in progress. I'll let you know when the money hits my neteller account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it looks like any attempt to move money through Neteller is pretty much a waste of time...

Dear Canadian Neteller Orphan,

We regret to inform you that InstaCash is no longer available as a payment method.

Further we have to inform you, that Neteller will close down their services for Canadian customers entirely on Monday, 9th April. For more information please see the press release from Neteller.

10% more for you!*

You may have lost your favorite payment method, but this means more money for you!

Make your first deposit after “black Monday” April 9th, and you’ll get 10% more (up to USD 100)!

Simply make your deposit and write us an email to bet@intertops.com (subject: Neteller 10% bonus) to claim your bonus.

We would recommend you to use Credit Card, Money Global, Money Transfer or Bank Wire Transfer in the future. If you are looking for a ACH or e-wallet based solution we recommend Instadebit and Moneybookers.

Please see our payment page for more details on our wide range of payment options!

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us, our customer service will be pleased to help you.

Kind Regards,

Your Intertops Customer Service

*This 10% bonus is valid from 10th April 2007 until 24th April 2007 and only for Neteller customers. The maximum bonus per person is 100 USD. Rule 2.7c applies.

I'll now look into the fastest way to get this money?
Old 03-28-2007, 11:51 AM

Wait. I thought Neteller was only stopping transferring funds to and from poker sites starting April 9th. Are they completely shutting all services they provide as well?