Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Find the online games are much tougher late at night

[ QUOTE ]
best games in the world are at 2 in the morning, so im not sure if thats early or late. at this point all the drunks, insomniacs, and regs who are too tired to think are playing.

once about 9 o clock hits the games get kinda [censored]. now at about 12 they seem to loosen up a bit... i think that is due to the poeple who should be working but decided to play poker instead of doing their job.

this continues untill about 2 (when the bosses catches them) from about2-6 the game is very calm and simple.

at about 6or 7 the afterwork fish get out their credit card, and deposit whatever they are comfortable losing that evening. this phenomenon is intensified on friday and saturdays for these reasons....people are bored.... people just got paid so they consider a little fun money not a big deal......they are degenerate morons.......they have aspirations of becoming a world champions, if only they could find people who respected their raises.

from this time till about 3 in the morning, id say that the games are the best, sooo early and late is my answer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeh, the 2 AM games are probably the best if you play solidly, but they are the worst for the aggressive style I use to beat full ring nits.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:09 AM

I'm at GMT time that's +5 hours Eastern Time.

I play mostly on ipoker, but also some on full-tilt.

I have been concentrating on $1-$2 NL lately and I find during the day it's tough to find truly lucrative tables. However in the evening, when the after work crowd arrive back things just get better and better with each hour that goes by imo. I normally stop playing before 11 p.m. but if I was single I'd keep going. I have noticed that if I get to play very very early in the morning there can still be some easy games, but it's rare for me to be up and ready to play before 9 a.m.

It must be great to be a pro player in Australia or better still in New Zealand. Your normal working hours would be when all the social players are on.

I've played on most sites of any note at this point and think there's a big difference between evening and daytime play, but still I'll listen if anyone has got any recommendations for a good daytime site for us Europeans?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
best games in the world are at 2 in the morning, so im not sure if thats early or late. at this point all the drunks, insomniacs, and regs who are too tired to think are playing.

once about 9 o clock hits the games get kinda [censored]. now at about 12 they seem to loosen up a bit... i think that is due to the poeple who should be working but decided to play poker instead of doing their job.

this continues untill about 2 (when the bosses catches them) from about2-6 the game is very calm and simple.

at about 6or 7 the afterwork fish get out their credit card, and deposit whatever they are comfortable losing that evening. this phenomenon is intensified on friday and saturdays for these reasons....people are bored.... people just got paid so they consider a little fun money not a big deal......they are degenerate morons.......they have aspirations of becoming a world champions, if only they could find people who respected their raises.

from this time till about 3 in the morning, id say that the games are the best, sooo early and late is my answer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeh, the 2 AM games are probably the best if you play solidly, but they are the worst for the aggressive style I use to beat full ring nits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Use a different style then?
Old 03-26-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Use a different style then?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he is, I was playing with him last night. Down right nitty.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find the opposite to be true, at least at 100NL.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-27-2007, 12:16 AM

Does anyone know of some software that includes the time of play to your earnings per hour?
Old 03-27-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know of some software that includes the time of play to your earnings per hour?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Tracker?
Old 03-27-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be Poker Tracker. Go to the sessions tab and click on the More Detail button on the right hand side.

I need to start playing more on Fridays. Only day I've won every single hour I've played.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:33 AM

Oh! Sorry if that sounded stupid i'm still deciding which software to get! I'm pretty much decided on PT but if anyone can persuede me into anything different it would be much appreciated.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:53 AM

PokerOffice is very slow and it's HUD is worse than PAHUD. Get PokerTracker.