Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Some hands that show how bad I am

5) I have QQ Utg. I raise. Almost everyone calls. The flop is 955 rainbow. Check to me, I bet, all fold, SB and BB call. Red Flag. Turn is an 8. SB, BB check. I am divided between b/f and checking, I decide to b/f. I bet. SB calls, BB c/r, I fold, SB calls. River is a Q. Ouch. SB checks (her nine), BB bets, SB calls.

results: <font color="white"> BB shows KK </font>

Would you also fold AA here? That wouldve been a complete disaster.

-J

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-26-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Help a clueless noob out; on hand 2's OESD what's the reason not to bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't like it because it's live 3/6. online i would probably bet. live our bet won't carry some of the extra benefits it might online(clean up outs, narrow the field, etc.) and you end up charging yourself to draw.

don't get me wrong, i don't think the flop bet is a mistake. but in live small stakes play where nobody folds a pair or anything that looks like a draw, i would check and assess my options.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

don't get me wrong, i don't think the flop bet is a mistake. but in live small stakes play where nobody folds a pair or anything that looks like a draw, i would check and assess my options.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because live players won't fold any piece of the flop and therefore see the turn, isn't this the very reason we want to build the pot now? If the typical 5 or 6 go to the turn we have an equity advantage even just counting our 6 outs, let alone our 8. Course I guess it's unlikely the flop will get checked thru so I guess a check being first to act ain't horrible (and if we get an early bettor with lottsa calls we could even check-raise).
Old 03-26-2007, 03:46 PM

I think you are correct, you do have a small pot equity edge now. But if a third diamond falls on the turn your hand dramatically drops in value. On the other hand if one of your 6 outs hits you are golden. You can push a larger edge if you hit. No one is going to fold, not even a baby flush draw at a 3-6 live game.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are correct, you do have a small pot equity edge now. But if a third diamond falls on the turn your hand dramatically drops in value. On the other hand if one of your 6 outs hits you are golden. You can push a larger edge if you hit. No one is going to fold, not even a baby flush draw at a 3-6 live game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any phrase that combines "flush draw" with "fold" at a low limit game is beyond terrible.

Flush draw = ship da monies