Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Re: MMB stuff

Evan,

When you make posts like this you are just stirring up trouble.

[ QUOTE ]

Nato, no.

Irule, Sniper has a better chance of winning the women's French Open in 2050 than being mod again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the reds would rather you not stir the 'sniper pot' and just let that ordeal blow over. There is no reason to bring additional trouble to that situation. JMHO

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Evan,

When you make posts like this you are just stirring up trouble.

[ QUOTE ]

Nato, no.

Irule, Sniper has a better chance of winning the women's French Open in 2050 than being mod again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the reds would rather you not stir the 'sniper pot' and just let that ordeal blow over. There is no reason to bring additional trouble to that situation. JMHO

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Jim, I didn't really know the whole sniper story at that point and didn't realize how heated the debate had been. I read through some of the threads in here afterward.

Edit: I agree it was a lame cheap shot post. I wouldn't have made it if I knew the extent of the knock don drag out war that went on. I was just frustrated with sniper over posts and emails where I felt like he was only trying to be a thorn in my side and was totally unable to stop playing mod.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:41 PM

Evan,

No problem. You are free to do what you please but my advice would be to just kind of ignore sniper and he will mellow out or go away. He probably just has his feelings hurt right now. If you turn a 'deaf ear' the drama will be minimized and you and Matt can move forward with your ideas to better the forum.

If he persists or trolls just notify the reds and let them handle the situation. Getting the forum to 'choose sides' would not benefit anyone. I think Mat and all of us have had enough of the 'sniper saga'. I am confident you and Matt will do a great job with this forum.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
Old 03-28-2007, 07:34 PM

I'm not really sure what to do here.

This afternoon Nato76 made this thread. He has made some posts in the past referencing some internet marketing project he's doing, including this thread that I moved to the mod forum and Mat agreed was not acceptable. There's no link in the post and there's no explicit reference to selling anything, but if you read it it's fairly clear his goal is to get people to ask him about the "new project". He says, "If read and apply the simple techniques and methods you will be learning about in my site along with the several downloads I offer..." The url to the site is in his profile, which is allowed as far as I know. I'm just not sure where we draw the line on posts that essentially say "go click on the link in my profile". Also keep in mind that this forum in particular has a spam issue, so even though something like this would probably get overlooked with good cause in other forums, we kind of need to keep a leash on things.

I got a PM from BradleyT today:
It seems like Nato76's latest thread at http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post9739998 is an indirect solicitation to join his paid membership website.

Actually I think KLC's comments are what make it seem like a solicitation even though it's a "testimonial".

Can I get some input from a red? I wouldn't mind just nuking this thread because (1)I think it is clearly against the spirit of the no spam rule even if it doesn't explicitly break any of the guidelines (2)I think the post sucks.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:51 PM

It looks like blatant self-promotion to me.

delete it.