Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: line check for live MTT hand

Wubbie --

I like the flop bet, but I think it should be smaller. It's certainly not something I'd do 100% of the time, but against unimaginative opponents I think you will show a profit.

You didn't tell us anything about the opponents, so it's hard to give you river advice. If you don't have reads, work harder to get them. There are plenty of guys who would not play many better hands this way without giving off some serious "OK Buster; I've got a hand but I'm scared of the board and am just check-calling" vibes. That is, bottom two pair isn't much of a hand, but plenty of guys are liable to look you up with worse and would rarely take this action with too many better hands (97 and 76 are notable exceptions).

Anyway, it's hard to analyze a live hand without the information you have available in live settings. Against a computer playing theoretically optimal poker, check. Against a very passive opponent, check (probably). Just don't check reflexively because the board is scary.

--Nate
Old 03-23-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: line check for live MTT hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The flop bet is awful.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't mind bluffing the flop. I just think the bet is too big for a bluff into two players on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is betting more worse than betting less?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opponents won't be sensitive enough to bet sizing to make the difference add enough umph.

--Nate