Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 02:36 AM

Default Re: Been working on me bluff spots... you like?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
post stacks, but it all sucks regardless

and it's super funny when he shoves with AK and you just [censored] up a nice draw by not giving yourself odds to call

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had AK and thought my opponent was doing this as a semi-bluff or with some weak made hand turned into a bluff I'd usually reraise or fold on the flop. If I have a hand to call the flop c/r, it probably doesn't contain an ace. I guess what I'm saying is that the turn ace is more likely to be a scare card for villain than to have improved his hand.

Maybe OP is not repping a hand very well, but if you're in villain's shoes here and you hold 99 how far are you going to take it? For all he knows OP is a donk who checkraised A5 and just improved on the turn and is now milking him.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's nice and all, but i'll post the thought process from a 50nl rando:

I HAVE BIG SLICK, THE ACE KING. I RAISE.

OH, WELL I WISH I HAD HIT MY ACE OR MY KING. BUT I'M GOING TO BET ANYWAY, HE PROBABLY HAS AN ACE AND A LOWER CARD.

WHAT'S THIS? HE RAISED? WELL, IN THAT CASE IT'S LUCKY I STILL HAVE THE ACE AND THE KING. THE TWO HIGHEST CARDS IN THE DECK. I CALL.

TURN A? YAHTZEE BINGO BANGO! HE BETS? EVEN BETTER! TIME TO GIVE ME YOUR MONEY FISHAROO! I'M ALLLLLL IN, READ EM AND WEEP SUCKER!
Old 03-23-2007, 02:42 AM

I fold preflop. I don't like playing these draws oop.

On the turn, you are representing the same thing you represented on the flop. And on uNL noone really thinks about what you are representing... So if you didn't convince him that you had a set on the flop (unlikely) and since people will raise any A on the button often, that turn card was very bad for you.

I might c/c flop and lead the turn as a block.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:33 AM

I lead against a player who doesn't c-bet and C/R one who does. If you do C/R though, raise more. That's not gonna fold out anything.

I check the turn. He probably check behinds and you get a free card to draw. If not I let it go unless I have the odds to call.

It's not bad, but you need to play it stronger if you do this. Bigger raise, bigger bet, rep a bigger hand.