Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Re: yvesaint?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gild,

Also too, is he ban on sight? I mean other users have been banned and allowed to return. KKF comes to mind. Just because a user is banned doesnt necessaly mean permaban.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or rather, just because a user got an acct permabanned, it doesn't mean he's automatically ban-on-sight with a new acct (much less an IP ban).

[/ QUOTE ]

If a guy has been permabanned and starts a new account and it's quickly very obvious who he is - for example he chooses a similar nick or just comes out and say who he is - and he does similar [censored] to what he got banned for, then the new account should be permabanned.

The other examples - KKF, thinman etc. are all cases where the poster started a new account and acted ok and it only became common knowledge after a while.

Basically, if a guy is permabanned and his new account very quickly causes any mod action, why not ban him again?

Jared
Old 03-22-2007, 03:15 AM

as gild posted in the "please list all ban on sight posters" thread, yves is ban on sight. i think.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:09 AM

I'm gonna have to appeal to the KKF defense on this one.

Yves is a good poster, and as far as I know, he has done nothing to warrant a re-ban, and any reason to ban him is based entirely on previous behavior.

Doing an IP ban will most likely affect all of Dartmouth university, not just BalugaWhale (who is also a very good poster)
Old 03-22-2007, 06:00 AM

He's definitely yves, but I agree with Big_Jim here (as always, except with KQo UTG+1).
Old 03-22-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gild:

Why is he permabanned? Did he do something stupid with his new acct? If he came back and kept his nose clean....

Just wondering,

--aj

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the school of moderating that 9323401923418230491234 strikes you are out, but maybe that is just me.

Also, I did list him as ban on sight.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna have to appeal to the KKF defense on this one.

Yves is a good poster, and as far as I know, he has done nothing to warrant a re-ban, and any reason to ban him is based entirely on previous behavior.

Doing an IP ban will most likely affect all of Dartmouth university, not just BalugaWhale (who is also a very good poster)

[/ QUOTE ]

Big Jim,

We know how you feel on the subject b/c you and the other MSNL mods let Dan Bright keep posting in MSNL after he was ban-on-sight (Mat's words) and I'm assuming you knew that this was yves as well.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:24 AM

I wish he wasnt ban on sight but he is, and for everyone who is claiming KKF defense, yves strat. advice <<<<<<< KKF advice
Old 03-22-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wasn't he a good msnl poster at one point?

w/e, i'm a sucker for not rebanning people (see: evenkeal)

[/ QUOTE ]

Some more rambling thoughts:

Evenkeal is harmless and provides entertainment.

Yves is hilarious and provides entertainment. I actually like him a lot as a poster and he does bring a lot of good things to the forum (humor, strategy, etc).

But him and his lemmings make it incredibly difficult to moderate. They have basically no respect for any type of moderation in bbv and set the example for lesser known posters in pushing the envelope/rules (which eventually led to the culling of bbv/citanul). It doesn't help when other mods encourage this behaviour and make my job much harder. (Maybe Kyleb can have some input here too as I'm sure he disagrees with a lot of what I'm saying).

This is why he's ban on sight, and I don't think it matters if we give him one more chance or 100 more chances at this point.

Ex: yves pushes existing rules to the limit, people think it is hilarious and so everyone starts doing it. Then I have to be the bad guy and start cracking down. Then he finds a new line to cross and the same thing happens. It's a stupid game of cops and robbers and I really don't want to play it anymore.

BBV/BBV4l is the most highly trafficked it has ever been and everyone is happy and I have had basically zero problems since Citanul's culling/Adanthar's arrival. I am enjoying moderating again. I really don't want to go back to the way things were before when I was starting to hate moderating bbv and things were spiraling out of control.

On a sidenote, I would consider bringing him back if we gave it some more time but he would have to really change and judging by his posts it doesn't really look like anything has, except maybe he has kept a lower profile on who to insult.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:53 AM

Gild, perhaps you might consider any future Yves accounts exiled from BBV? You can ban any accounts that wander into BBV, but if he chooses to post in MSNL or whatever he is allowed. The main reason I ask is because only the admins can declare a user "ban on sight": if the MSNL mods don't want to ban him, there isn't much you can do about it. Communicate this to him if you want and if you see a future Yves account in MSNL, note it and warn him not to post in BBV.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gild, perhaps you might consider any future Yves accounts exiled from BBV? You can ban any accounts that wander into BBV, but if he chooses to post in MSNL or whatever he is allowed. The main reason I ask is because only the admins can declare a user "ban on sight". Communicate this to him if you want and if you see a future Yves account in MSNL, note it and warn him not to post in BBV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried this path but Ryan has made it clear we are never doing bbv exiles, it's ban or nothing. The OOT exile thing was just a unique OOTism and that is not to be moved over to other forums (at least that is my understanding...maybe Ryan can clarify).