Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: kinda LC but not really, running cold and adjusting.

First thing I do when running bad is tighten PF and do not C-bet as often...When running bad C-bets get looked up very lightly...If they are looking you up light you will need to fire 2 barrels or check raise to compensate...Unlikely to need to go this far at $50NL..

I doubt you are getting 3 bets light as often as you think...It's just part of running bad...When I am running bad and think I am getting 3 bet light and I "make a stand" only to find its not light..

Do not open with trash just to maintain PT numbers..This is lighting $$$$$ on fire...

From your OP it sounds as if a great deal of frustration is setting in..Take a day or 2 off and watch some of the poker videos in the stickies...When ever I fell myself getting to tight I watch videos not hand postings...Videos "usually" present a more Laggy style
Old 03-22-2007, 12:50 AM

I guess this post just makes me want to post something I've been considering posting for a long time.

Bankroll doesn't mean [censored]. Moving up is more about beating the level you are at. Also, many people use the magical number of 2k for NL100, FFS that is not enough unless you happen to run good off the bat and/or you are ready for that level. Most people at 2k bankrolls are not ready for NL100.

In case you guys haven't the noticed, the games are changing. How many times do you think you can get three streets of profit with tptk from a decent player. The answer is not many. While the games are changing (I've been playing 6max since Fristaments), they aren't necessarily any more difficult than they were when I started 6max. Everyone has revamped their games and you may find 1-2 fish at a table. The problem is, everyone has taken over the "accepted" style and nobody has adapted to counteract it. My friends and I have noticed the changed and we have adapted our game to the best possible fashion we see at the moment. In a couple months, you will probably see another change in styles, and then more adaptation will be needed. I guess the whole point of this post is that ABC pokah ain't quite what it was 6 months ago.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:56 AM

thats a great point johnny. i dont play my game exact ABD vanilla TAG poker. the majority of it is done that way, but i do make plays aside from the standard cbet. agains tthe right opponets i do float in position, or raise with air if they are frequent cbettors. i dont think its a matter of time frame for people adjusting and such. i feel you have to adjust constantly. like KEW said, if you are running cold maybe you shouldnt cbet as much. maybe you should loosen up with uber nits on your left. loosen up a bit with te maniac on your right, just dont play a big pot without the stones. he can steal the small ones because wehen you hit hard his stack is yours.

i guess what this all boils down to is im running card dead and cant find a way to adjust to not being so nitty. it esp hurts when there are a few decent TAG's at teh table who are very observant.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:59 AM

over how many hands do you think you are card dead?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
over how many hands do you think you are card dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

=(

thats the thing. its probably just staistical variance. id say around 2k hands.

heres my march. run good 2800 hands. +10BI. 3 nights ago get good cards get snapped off. last 2 sessions, lose with a efw decent hands and sets but run super nitty mostly due to bad cards.

tonight wasnt as bad as last night but still pretty beat, and not much action with my big hands.

i understand this is suuuuuuper short term, but while at teh table you really cant play your A game.

so aside from this probably just being BS variance blah blah, if you find yourself running card dead, do you loosen up to get action on your big hands? do you just wait the variance out and play a tight game?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

e) Get the hell out of Full Tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

What's terribly wrong with Full Tilt?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

e) Get the hell out of Full Tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

What's terribly wrong with Full Tilt?

[/ QUOTE ]

riggers [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2007, 02:30 AM

machine,

who cares? this is no limit baby. Just raise hands from the button when you feel like it. MY vpip fluctuates like crazy based on my mood basically. I played 39/29 the other night because I felt like it; sometimes I'll play like 18/12 or something if I don't feel like lagging it up. So just relax and go with the flow and just steal more when you feel like it.

The real problem here is you are just running bad and letting it affect your game. If you are carddead you are carddead, villains aren't really going to notice anyway.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:43 AM

if it's just running bad, then stick to your normal game. A few bad beats is nothing to you if you're playing with a 40 BI roll. but if you look back and misplayed some hands, it's other things that need to change. this is coming from someone who lost a significant portion of his roll yesterday.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:47 AM

yeah i understand where ur coming from. im not worried about going busto. im saying where you run at a table 5 orbits and cant raise a single hand, you finally pick up a raiseable hand but also not strong hand in position and there are raisers in front of you.

point being its been hard to give action due to crap holdings and in turn i get no action when i want it, which is understandable from villains eyes. didnt know if i could adjust something or if people would PFR ATC on hte button just to get in the game a little more when running like this. FWIW there were times when i would raise ATC from the button and because ive been playing so tight i was able to pick up blinds.

i guess theres upsides to both situations