Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Poker in the Bahamas?

I tried to play at Crystal Palace when I was there about a month ago and couldn't get seated. We waited for about an hour and no one left the game. There were two tables of 1/2NL going. There did look to be a few decent sized stacks, so you might be able to make some money if there was some gambling going on.

Instead we tried one of those digital blackjack machines--like the E poker things. It did go pretty fast, but the interface was horrible. It was really difficult to alter bet sizes (maybe what they were intending) and it moved a little too fast for my wife as she was just trying to get a feel for the machine. It was great how the video made it look like the dealer wanted to be somewhere else. Max headroom in full effect.

We stayed in Orange Hill for super cheap rates, also because we're not the all inclusive types. Since the jitney's are $1, we could get to anywhere we wanted to go pretty each. Also with taxi's being a max of $25 each way, they were cheaper than renting a car, if you want to get out and experience different parts of the island.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:12 PM

I think Crystal Palace is the only option. I stayed at the Atlantis a few weeks ago and they said the only kinda poker they have there is the WPT event once a year. In a way I'm glad because I definitely wouldn't have been doing much else if they had poker there.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:59 AM

They "open" the poker room at 7PM, Thurs - Sun, so you should try and get there at 7ish and get in line. The dealers roll-in around that time and the floor will make an appearance 715 to 730 ish to get the game/s rolling. Also, although they advertise LHE and NL I've only seen them spread 1/2 and 2/5 NL.

If you're a LHE player don't sweat the NL only spread. The spring breakers make the games INCREDIBLY soft as they are so stupid (what happened to the U.S. education system?) and even a horrid NL player like me can stack them and finance their vacation rum consumption. There's at least a couple "extended vacation" semi-pros LAGs who are awful good at fleecing the tourists so you'll want to avoid bumping heads with them if you've imbibed a fair amount of Kalik or rum prior to getting seated (standard).

Cheers.