Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: ** THE OFFICIAL TWIN PEAKS THREAD - SPOILERS **

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then the producers felt the pressures and forced them to reveal the killer by the end of season 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Niity point...it wasn't revealed in season 1, it was early/midway through season 2.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right, and that proves that it's been way too long since I've watched it. In my own defense, the last time I saw them it was a bad Icelandic download and they had the seasons broken up so that episode is at the end of season 1.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:49 PM

This thread confuses me. Season one has been the only one released on DVD, however, you can get copies of Season 2 on VHS, correct (albeit crappy versions)? And I KNOW I rented the pilot in a video store, so seems odd it is "illegal."
Old 03-21-2007, 03:18 PM

Backwards-talking little people. Great scenes.

Watch the feature after the series, IMO.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread confuses me. Season one has been the only one released on DVD, however, you can get copies of Season 2 on VHS, correct (albeit crappy versions)? And I KNOW I rented the pilot in a video store, so seems odd it is "illegal."

[/ QUOTE ]
Season 2 comes to DVD on April 3. Season 1 DVDs are now out of print, and you have to go to the second hand market for legal copies of them. Never simultaneously having all episodes available legally must be some kind of ridiculous marketing strategy that I can't comprehend.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:02 PM

Were you able to find a copy of the pilot? I found that it was sold in Europe, but it was different because they weren't sure it was going to be a series, or something like that. Is that true?
Old 03-21-2007, 05:34 PM

Wow, I didn't realise these were so hard to get ahold of. I can't find anything for America, and 1 site in taiwan that is legit has the pilot for sale, but is out of stock!

Awww, I was going to suggest a club where a few of us aim to watch 2-03 episodes a week, and discuss them, but if you guys can't get hold of it...
Old 03-21-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right, but nobody considers VHS releases to be real I guess. You're probably right about the pilot as well - it's just not on DVD.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I didn't realise these were so hard to get ahold of. I can't find anything for America, and 1 site in taiwan that is legit has the pilot for sale, but is out of stock!

Awww, I was going to suggest a club where a few of us aim to watch 2-03 episodes a week, and discuss them, but if you guys can't get hold of it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh - libraries, video stores, nefarious means. They can get it. Season two, which is the bulk of it, will be a cinch obviously.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:09 PM

a webiste called hkflix have an all-region LEGIT version, which I have. The sound is awful, but the picture is okay. Unfortuantely, they seem to be out of stock.

I wanted to discuss the pilot tomorrow or the weekend...can anyone get it to watch for then? It'd be cool if they could. Legit only, of course. We don't advocate illegal stuff on this forum, so take care all.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:13 PM

I've asked Dom and he's in, but anyone else want to join the Twin Peaks Discussion Club?

couple eps a week?

If you guys can get hold of it on netflix, of course.