Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Does being a whore mean you are a psychopath?

Hi,

I need some help from you guys. I’m corresponding with my son who is in prison. It sounds like from his letters that he has had a pretty rotten life. I was just made aware of his existence a few weeks ago. I’m deemed a bad influence on account of a marijuana arrest that I had, so I can’t visit him in person.
He seems to think that his mother was a psychopath on account of her being a whore and then turning to lesbianism. She may be a psychopath for other reasons, but these are the reasons he stated. These aspects of her life seem to trouble him. What can I say to console him or to advise him? I know this isn’t much to go by, but then his first letter to me was brief. He didn’t seem at all to be blaming her for any of his troubles, rather, he blamed her for driving me away. Indeed, abandonment may be his true concern rather than a psychotic mother. I guess I could simply explain to him that any woman I pay $35 to is a very quickly forgotten woman. But instead, here’s how I started this portion of my response letter:

“As far as your mom being a psychopath, welcome to the club - so is mine. Funny, I never remembered your mom as being strange, but then, prostitution, lesbianism, etc, seem like perfectly normal aspects of life to me. I was raised in such an extremely fundamentally religious family, that anyone who deviated from my psychopathic, morally twisted, upbringing, seemed like a breath of fresh air. To me, being a whore is normal, smoking pot is normal, whereas wanting to execute Mexicans as they cross the boarder or hating someone because they are homosexual is abnormal”

Geesh, I don’t want to screw this letter up. He’s twenty two, so not exactly a kid, but I’ve never had any experience talking to people significantly younger than I am. I vaguely remember his mother as someone I thought was hot, but that’s pretty much it. I don’t like my above paragraph because I focused the attention onto me instead of addressing his problem.

Any help on this correspondence would be appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. I have no way of knowing if this kid is mine, but I really don’t care. Apparently all his life he has been given my name as the father. All I really care about is trying to help someone who is asking for my help and not for my money. His letter sounded sincere and not the least bit like a letter from a hustler. I called the mother, and the funny thing is, she told me that I paid her money, then after the fact I asked her to an ice cream parlor and she accepted. The parlor that she named happens to be my families favorite. This may be the only reason I was deemed the father of her child, but like I said, unless he starts asking me for money, I really just want to help him out.

Also I see we have a psychology forum, but if no one minds, I'd rather this post remain here since I only know people here.