Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 10:22 AM

Default Re: The 1984 Obama Ad

So, does the OP think this was an official Obama ad? Or was in anyway connected to the Obama campaign?
Old 03-20-2007, 12:17 PM

this ad is so lame. obv made by ppl who hate hillary... i dont really see how it is at all relevant to the race in anyway. 1984 theme? wtf
Old 03-20-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this ad is so lame. obv made by ppl who hate hillary... i dont really see how it is at all relevant to the race in anyway. 1984 theme? wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the ad is insinuating that Hillary is a big brother big government liberal. While Obama is a friendly big government liberal...or something like that.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:06 AM

Well, I've always called her 'Queen Bee Hillary'. Good to see that Obama also recognizes this. Let the theater of nastiness commence. That was a great ad, Cheeky I say, and I hope it is real and airs all over the world – including China.

-Zeno
Old 03-19-2007, 10:56 AM

Exsub,

Please do not astroturf in this forum. Your dreams of Obama becoming President will not happen.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:11 PM

<------

Just so we're clear, shilling for your favorite presidential candidate is permissible. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Exsub,

Please do not astroturf in this forum. Your dreams of Obama becoming President will not happen.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-19-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<------

Just so we're clear, shilling for your favorite presidential candidate is permissible. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Exsub,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Y'll do realize this was in Daily Kos two weeks ago, right?

rb
Old 03-19-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<------

[ QUOTE ]
Exsub,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rb

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have if I was a left-wing hippie who reads crappy blogs.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<------

[ QUOTE ]
Exsub,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rb

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have if I was a left-wing hippie who reads crappy blogs.

[/ QUOTE ]

just so we're clear, your personal attacks do nothing to diminish the fact you're two weeks behind by waiting for the MSM/Faux News to report to you something I knew about two weeks ago - something for you to be proud of, I'm sure.

Now, on to CURRENT events - -

Tonight, on a liberal left wing blog, they posted the identity of the creator of the video and asked him to comment on it - here's the post on huffington post

[ QUOTE ]
Well, today I can end the guessing. Last night, we sent out a challenge to the HuffPost team asking them to hit the phones and contact all their sources. As a result, we have learned the video was the work of Philip de Vellis, who was the Internet communications director for Sherrod Brown's 2006 Senate campaign, and who now works at Blue State Digital, a company created by members of Howard Dean's Internet Team."

[/ QUOTE ]

the rationale, interesting enough, was based on Hillary's attempts to bully frontrunners and donors -

[ QUOTE ]
A friend suggested the idea after reading a New York Times article about the Clinton's campaign bullying of donors and political operatives after the Geffen dustup.

[/ QUOTE ]

in my mind, it serves as good entertainment and fodder for discussion amongst Democrats about who they REALLY want in Washington - another 50.1 percent career politician, or someone who can come up with better solutions -

and it's not at a level yet like where Bush and McCain were in their push-polling, so I appluade the video and it's technique. It has certainly generated discussion within the Democratic party where needed, since it's obviously not for Republicans or targeted to them.

good job, Phil

rb
Old 03-19-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exsub,

[/ QUOTE ]

From the OP

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't Obama just as media manufactured as Hillary? Of course, an astute Orwellian tactic is to make the accusation that the other party is using Orwellian tactics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading comprehension is your friend.