Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Crabs, Why I don\'t need to advertise.

lead out again. CO has AK,AJ-A10 of diamonds.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:13 AM

Default My thoughts on the river play.

I think that this will help a lot, if we look at the hand from my opponents perspective. Let's pretend that he has AK, or Ace something of diamonds.

I bet the turn, and he calls. What hands could I have? I think they fall into three groups. I could have a random bluff of some kind. I could have a draw, either diamonds, or some kind of straight draw like 65. Or I could have a made hand of at least a pair.

Now, if I have any of those hands, and it is checked to him, he doesn't have a value bet, because it is unlikely that he will be called, with a busted draw, but he will probably be called with a pair or better.

Additionally, if I have one of the hands that he beats, I should probably bet the river, to give him a chance to fold a better hand, so if I check, it is fairly likely that I have his hand beat.

On the other hand, if I bet the river, I might have his hand beat, but I will probably have a busted draw at least one out of seven hands, so he probably has to call the river bet.

So, I think a river bet from my position is the right play, and I don't think it's close.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
value bet

[/ QUOTE ]

if this player isn't betting AK on this flop he's not betting the river with AK. c/c is going to be a losing play against this guy. value bet
Old 03-19-2007, 05:10 AM

I think this is c/f, and I don't really like the turn bet.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:57 AM

Default Re: My thoughts on the river play.

[ QUOTE ]
I think that this will help a lot, if we look at the hand from my opponents perspective. Let's pretend that he has AK, or Ace something of diamonds.

I bet the turn, and he calls. What hands could I have? I think they fall into three groups. I could have a random bluff of some kind. I could have a draw, either diamonds, or some kind of straight draw like 65. Or I could have a made hand of at least a pair.

Now, if I have any of those hands, and it is checked to him, he doesn't have a value bet, because it is unlikely that he will be called, with a busted draw, but he will probably be called with a pair or better.

Additionally, if I have one of the hands that he beats, I should probably bet the river, to give him a chance to fold a better hand, so if I check, it is fairly likely that I have his hand beat.

On the other hand, if I bet the river, I might have his hand beat, but I will probably have a busted draw at least one out of seven hands, so he probably has to call the river bet.

So, I think a river bet from my position is the right play, and I don't think it's close.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this game plays like the UB 5-10, this guy, with no description, will bet this when checked to. But then, he may also call a bet for reasons you stated. He might just call just to look you up.

I think it is close depending on how aggressive the opponent is. UB this is a c/c because those idiots don't know what a free card or a free showdown is. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

b
Old 03-19-2007, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given how the CO played this hand, there is no way you're folding this river.

b
Old 03-19-2007, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

You have more experience at this limit, and I play way too many tables. I'll defer to your judgement here.

--Dave.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If this game plays like the UB 5-10, this guy, with no description, will bet this when checked to. But then, he may also call a bet for reasons you stated. He might just call just to look you up.

I think it is close depending on how aggressive the opponent is. UB this is a c/c because those idiots don't know what a free card or a free showdown is.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy checked this flop with AK, I think that tells you how aggressive he is. I think the river bet is by far the best play here.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

You have more experience at this limit, and I play way too many tables. I'll defer to your judgement here.

--Dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, think about it. What is the guy representing here? If he had anything, you'd likely have heard something from him earlier, dontcha think? Given that most, if they had anything, you'd have heard from by that time.

b
Old 03-19-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think it is close depending on how aggressive the opponent is. UB this is a c/c because those idiots don't know what a free card or a free showdown is.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy checked this flop with AK, I think that tells you how aggressive he is. I think the river bet is by far the best play here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

b