Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Re: NL100 6m: KK facing donkbet on the flop from aggr villian.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought about it... Wanted to know 2+2 opinions. But I think, there are some problems in raising. Some guys likes to donkbet flopped sets or other monsters. If pf-raiser makes feeler raise with his big overpair, they just calls and check the turn. Pf-raiser is very glad that his QQ+ are likely very strong and bet 2/3 on the turn. Then follows small c/r on the turn and bet on the river. And QQ+ are busted. It would be very difficult to fold a smallish c/r on the turn with KK.
Or maybe raising the flop and then to check behind the turn to controll the pot? It is better play, I think. On the river call or value bet if checked to you. But sometimes you would be so glad to see check on the turn that firing the turn will take one second from you...

Another problem is that you won't get some value from worse hands like 99-TT if you raise the flop, still losing a big pot to sets and AA. But I think, raising can be more profitable against JJ and QQ. But those hands are usually in 3bet range of all aggressive players.
Your thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like sound reasoning. I'm probably doing a load of mistakes in these situations. NH btw.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:19 AM

I'd raise the flop here if I have an aggressive image, such as a history of raising villains donk-bets, for example. My default would be to call vs. a somewhat sane villain.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:16 AM

Bet 25-30 on the river.