Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: WPEX 10/20 line check

[ QUOTE ]
No, sorry. If you played these WPEX games you would know what I'm talking about. Any ace high and any pair is going to call us down, the BB is going to CR that flop with a disgustingly large range of hands, we have a fine hand for that board, there is too much value not to put in more money.

[/ QUOTE ]
ur seriously overestimating how strong a5 is on the flop

villains [censored] gutshots are only a 3-2 dog. his legit draws are a favorite and better pairs kill us. unless villains a total donk, hes going to have a lot fewer combos of worse pairs than if we had AJ on a QJ7 board. villain needs to have JTo type crap a lot for a5 to be in good shape on the flop. reopening the betting and taking the initiative makes the rest of the hand much harder to play also
Old 03-17-2007, 10:24 PM

I'm not overestimating it on the flop, I'm estimating it (correctly I think) on the turn once a nice brick looking king hits. His gutshots are a big dog on the turn and we'd love to put two bets in there, there just aren't that many better pairs to be had, there is literally no way he has a pocket pair bigger than fives because he'd 3 bet preflop because everyone on WPEX 3 bets preflop out of the BB with like 25% of their hands when the button opens. JTo he could easily have, this is how a lot of the regulars would play any ace high and any two overcards (though many regulars would reraise before the flop with most of these hands so against them its probably just a calldown). It doesn't make it harder to play (talking about 3 betting the flop since that seems to be what you harp on even though I want to raise the turn) because they simply call down with any pair and ace high and reraise some monsters and some flush draws, its very easy to play when they check to you and call with a wide range so I don't get that argument at all.

-DeathDonkey
Old 03-17-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB is OK, but he tends to be a bit of a spazz.

3 handed.

mjkidd raises with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button
sb folds, BB calls.

Flop (4 sb): 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checks, mjkidd bets, BB raises, mjkidd calls

Turn (4 BB): K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB bets, mjkidd raises, BB calls

River (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB bets, mjkidd...

comments on all streets welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am assuming the turn pop was for a free showdown. I think you are tortured on this river.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
god just call down

dont bloat the pot with mediocre hands against ppl who can spew bets into the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy is check-raising his flush and straight draws 100 percent of the time and betting the turn with them 100 percent of the time. That's my main motivation for raising the turn. And, yes, it was a free SD play; DD might be right in saying that there is value in a river bet, but it's a very thin value bet that I'm more than happy to pass on.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:56 AM

Raising for a free showdown is kinda bad here [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] b/c I don't know if i'd like to fold to the 3 bet. I'm undecided whether or not raising the turn is good or not i'd have to know the player/site better but it surely can't be too bad. This is a good spot to adjust your image a bit. If you raise too much call down is fine if you call down too much raise is good. FWIW you should be betting a hell of a lot of rivers once you raised. River bet yer prolly boned tho would this guy have the audacity to bluff a failed draw? thats the only decision you have to make as no 5 is betting here.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its very easy to play when they check to you and call with a wide range so I don't get that argument at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
ya its easy when they check to u, but its not when they raise
Old 03-18-2007, 05:13 AM

i have no idea why u would raise for free showdown here. if i raised and got 3bet i would call down without thinking much, which is why i dont raise in the first place. choosing between putting two extra bets as a pretty big underdog or folding in a big pot against a range that's not really all that defined sucks
Old 03-18-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if i raised and got 3bet i would call down without thinking much, which is why i dont raise in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising and calling down a turn 3bet with a hand like this "without thinking much" has got to be a leak.

I've cut down ALOT on my free showdown raises, since everyone bets the river anyway, and some players 3bet turn liberally with draws.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:02 AM

With regards to the 3bet turn, a lot of euro players, especially the freaks from Solvenia seem to do that a lot, 3bet and capping the turn on a flush draw.

It drives me insane when they hit, and crack my set or top pair. What do I do in these situations, just call them down?
Old 03-18-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With regards to the 3bet turn, a lot of euro players, especially the freaks from Solvenia seem to do that a lot, 3bet and capping the turn on a flush draw.

It drives me insane when they hit, and crack my set or top pair. What do I do in these situations, just call them down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you don't want to put in a thin raise like my turn play against guys who will 3-bet a flush draw. You'll want to put in a raise with top pair in that spot though, and you know what to do with a set.