Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: ?
Prof 2outer 12 19.05%
Tuffy 51 80.95%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: OT-Teaching a friend to beat sngs in one day

I think he can be taught to be profitable by focusing hard on pushbot-strategy, but I think he would be better off in the long run not being taught in such a short-term result oriented way.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After 18 months on this forum, all the tools, hundreds of hours of analyzing hands, and 7000 SnGs, I'm at 0% ROI. I haven't had two consecutive winning days this year. Obviously everyone but me can learn to easily beat SnGs in a few hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is happening at the 16s or lower then sng's aren't for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is QFT... but that said... everyone is drastically overestimating how easy this is. Most of you probably started playing cash. Just think about how much knowing the relative hand values helped you when you started SnGs. On top of that, it will take weeks of play and review to even START to get a sense of pushbotting late. Some of the stuff is just so counter-intuitive. No way he is beating the 6.50s after 8 hours IMHO.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:32 PM

or he could just buy curtains chart.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After 18 months on this forum, all the tools, hundreds of hours of analyzing hands, and 7000 SnGs, I'm at 0% ROI. I haven't had two consecutive winning days this year. Obviously everyone but me can learn to easily beat SnGs in a few hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is QFT... but that said... everyone is drastically overestimating how easy this is. Most of you probably started playing cash. Just think about how much knowing the relative hand values helped you when you started SnGs. On top of that, it will take weeks of play and review to even START to get a sense of pushbotting late. Some of the stuff is just so counter-intuitive. No way he is beating the 6.50s after 8 hours IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was beating the 5.50's (ok only 500 tournies- 20 % roi ? maybe, i dont remember) with only knowing the rules and less than 8 hours of studying poker (reading books). this guy sounds a helloff a lot smarter than me, that, coupled with a competent teacher, this guy should be beating the 6.50s in 8 hours.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was beating the 5.50's (ok only 500 tournies- 20 % roi ? maybe, i dont remember) with only knowing the rules and less than 8 hours of studying poker (reading books). this guy sounds a helloff a lot smarter than me, that, coupled with a spacegravy teacher, this guy should be 35 tabling the 6.50s in 8 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-17-2007, 05:33 PM

IIRC, curtains tried to teach his sister to play and she wasn't able to beat the $11s before they gave up. The $11s were a lot easier than the $6s of today, so I think this is going to be harder than it sounds.

I'd say you'll know whether it can be done after 3 or 4 sets. Some people just don't have the mentality.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IIRC, curtains tried to teach his sister to play and she wasn't able to beat the $11s before they gave up. The $11s were a lot easier than the $6s of today, so I think this is going to be harder than it sounds.

I'd say you'll know whether it can be done after 3 or 4 sets. Some people just don't have the mentality.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was doomed from the start
Old 03-17-2007, 05:39 PM

Most of them at the 16s and 27s. I've been at the 6.50s for the last two months and getting slaughtered.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was doomed from the start

[/ QUOTE ]

girls suck at poker
Old 03-17-2007, 06:26 PM

At the 6.50s there's a ton of money to be had by just sitting around and letting morons get knocked out even on the bubble. Try playing almost stupidly tight for a while it works pretty well.