Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Gym - Weight Loss Only - Suggestions?

[ QUOTE ]
I can tell you what I had today:

Breakfast:
1 Bagel, 1 egg 1 slice cheese

lunch:
4 Mozza sticks
3 low fat chicken strips

dinner:
1 grilled chicken breast
risoto (rice cheese etc) (2 cups?)
asparagus
baby tomatos

snacks:
1 can fruit cocktail
crispers (2 servings)

[/ QUOTE ]

you need to eat more meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism going. try to to add small snacks between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner. also depending on when you workout, that should dictate what type of carbs you are eating and when.

overall your diet doesnt look that bad you just need to eat more.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:02 AM

What eat more? I thought the idea was to eat less [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2007, 07:51 AM

Ephedra was the best thing for dieters since sliced bread.

I weighed 260 lbs and began taking ephedra. Since it's a stimulant I began to have more energy which got me off the couch. It helped you get pumped up for a workout and got you through the workday much better than 2 pots of coffee.

Then the FDA banned ephedra because a few people who weighed 560 lbs with a blood pressure of 270-160 died from taking ephedra.

Even a moron knows taking a stimulant with high blood pressure is dangerous but not these guys.

Hence uncle sam banned the best supplement to weightloss ever created.

1) Appetite was cut by at least 3/4ths using Ephedra
2) Energy boost was extreme allowing more lifting running working etc.
3) Jitters wear off after 2 weeks but energy boosts still there.
4) Does not interfere with my sleep cycle. Actually it helped me sleep better cause I was wiped from working out.

Now they have green tea and caffinee pills with orange peel extract that does squat it's junk and does not help the way ephedra did.

Metabo-FX is close as far as energy boost goes but it does not control you appetite the way ephedra did.

Chitosan is ok as far as blocking some fats from being absorbed from your meals but I dont' think it has anything to do with real weight control.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ephedra was the best thing for dieters since sliced bread.

I weighed 260 lbs and began taking ephedra. Since it's a stimulant I began to have more energy which got me off the couch. It helped you get pumped up for a workout and got you through the workday much better than 2 pots of coffee.

Then the FDA banned ephedra because a few people who weighed 560 lbs with a blood pressure of 270-160 died from taking ephedra.

Even a moron knows taking a stimulant with high blood pressure is dangerous but not these guys.

Hence uncle sam banned the best supplement to weightloss ever created.

1) Appetite was cut by at least 3/4ths using Ephedra
2) Energy boost was extreme allowing more lifting running working etc.
3) Jitters wear off after 2 weeks but energy boosts still there.
4) Does not interfere with my sleep cycle. Actually it helped me sleep better cause I was wiped from working out.

Now they have green tea and caffinee pills with orange peel extract that does squat it's junk and does not help the way ephedra did.

Metabo-FX is close as far as energy boost goes but it does not control you appetite the way ephedra did.

Chitosan is ok as far as blocking some fats from being absorbed from your meals but I dont' think it has anything to do with real weight control.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Steve Bechler (23 years old, pitcher for Baltimore) And Korey Stringer (27 years old, Offensive Line, Minnesota Vikings) were morons who weighed 560 pounds and had insane blood pressures? And I'm sure Metabolife's 15000+ ephedra-adverse event reports were all morons too, right?

You might have some good points, but you make yourself sound like a complete retard with statements like you made about ephedra. Nobody needs ephedra to get cut and especially not just to get in shape. Risks FAR outweigh the minor gains.

Unless you're into anabolics and diuretics and all that crap, you should focus more on what you can legally and safely do, lest this forum have some VERY dangerous advice given in it.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:01 PM

they also were dehydrated athletes doing intense workouts in intense heat. not that i'm an ephedra fan or anything, but those guys seem like they were in bad spots to be taking it.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they also were dehydrated athletes doing intense workouts in intense heat. not that i'm an ephedra fan or anything, but those guys seem like they were in bad spots to be taking it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true, I was really just going against the completely inaccurate statement of govman. Its not that these guys were out of shape, its that ephedra is not a particularly good substance in a human body. Like I said, those weren't the only two people who had issues, and not everyone was a 560-pound moron. There's plenty of safer ways to lose weight, and that's what my point was.

I mean, this whole place could be a lot easier if we had a bunch of people spouting off about anabolics and acting like the only people who got shrunken testicles and backne and became sterile were idiots, but I don't think that would be a safe way to do things either. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2007, 06:24 AM

Edge,

You're a troll clown. They were out of shape and tried to use a supplement (likely improperly) to mask their lack of effort.

BTW the only people who do have permanent problems from roids are idiots.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Edge,

You're a troll clown. They were out of shape and tried to use a supplement (likely improperly) to mask their lack of effort.

BTW the only people who do have permanent problems from roids are idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you know that they were out of shape when they died. And all the 15000+ people I mentioned that had issues with ephedra in metabolife were out of shape too. Of course, its NEVER the fact that people might be using less-than-safe supplements.

And call me a troll all you want, my years of posting say otherwise. You're the first guy who's ever called me that, and you're still wrong.

Show me any proof at all that the two professional athletes I mentioned were "out of shape" or that "the only people who do have permanent problems from roids are idiots" and then MAYBE I'll listen to you. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if your post was just a result of roid rage.

Talk about your uncalled for personal attacks. Did you even read my first post in this thread, or did you just see that I disagreed with the use of ephedra and steroids and decide to blow up?
Old 03-19-2007, 03:53 AM

Edge,

No, I read all your posts. You don't seem to have any knowledge of what you're talking about and spreading blatant misinformation because you are either 1) a fool 2) unknowing. I personally believe both of these are in play.

I find it humorous you try to talk about my personal attacks immediately after you make a personal attack on me.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Edge,

No, I read all your posts. You don't seem to have any knowledge of what you're talking about and spreading blatant misinformation because you are either 1) a fool 2) unknowing. I personally believe both of these are in play.

I find it humorous you try to talk about my personal attacks immediately after you make a personal attack on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me where I'm spreading blatant misinformation. I asked for proof and you brought nothing but ANOTHER uncalled for personal attack. You're not helping your case much here, son.

I asked you to show me ANY proof whatsoever that those two pro athletes were out of shape (and your genius opinion doesn't quiiiiite do it), or that those 15000+ people on metabolife were all out of shape, or ANYTHING that says what I've said was "blatant misinformation". You talked the talk, you're gonna need to do more than call me a troll to walk the walk. I've been around long enough to know that I'm not a "troll clown", so you're gonna have to do better than that.