Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 05:44 AM

Default Re: Is this ever OK?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guess you had 99-TT, but I dont like it

[/ QUOTE ]
really? I immediately thought he had like AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-15-2007, 05:49 AM

It's hard to come up with a hand that is worth 3betting into a shortstack for 1/3 of their stack preflop but check-folding on the flop.

I mean, hands that would check-fold that flop would be small pairs, AQ, JT, etc. None of these should really be 3betting preflop with this stack size, in my opinion.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's hard to come up with a hand that is worth 3betting into a shortstack for 1/3 of their stack preflop but check-folding on the flop.

I mean, hands that would check-fold that flop would be small pairs, AQ, JT, etc. None of these should really be 3betting preflop with this stack size, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

naa, AQ is fine to C/F here, this flop is much worse than average, just don't fold AQ when the flop comes 238 44T etc.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:58 AM

this would only be ok with like QJ or JT or something, but you shouldn't be 3b'ing those pre [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

naa, AQ is fine to C/F here, this flop is much worse than average, just don't fold AQ when the flop comes 238 44T etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree, but you shouldn't be 3betting it preflop given the stacks.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you act first. shoving with AQ is super standard.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you act first. shoving with AQ is super standard.

[/ QUOTE ]
and C/F is okay too it might be slightly better, nobody knows for sure.
Also, reraising is fine, sheesh I always try to get it in against shortstacks with top 5%-ish.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:04 PM

at 14% pfr, his pf range is approx: 22+,ATs+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KJo+.

his postflop calling range is therefore around: TT+,88,55,AKs,KTs+,AKo,KJo+.

that is about half his preflop range and its pretty wide postflop. i didnt include flush draws/straight draws he might call with, but that should be weighted less since he seems like a tag and called a 3bet short with his cards.

therefore he is folding >50% of the time and when we do bluff with AQ we get called and sometimes have ~12-24% equity.

shoving with AQ first to act is a million times better than c/f because it forces him to make a decision. sometimes we will have sick equity when he has a fd/sd and we take it down the majority so arguing that its not a profitable line is a bit ridiculous here.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:28 PM

meh - depending on how aggro the villain is here, i like checking with a wide variety to try to induce bluffs from time to time. c/f with AQ really isn't that bad.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at 14% pfr, his pf range is approx: 22+,ATs+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KJo+.

his postflop calling range is therefore around: TT+,88,55,AKs,KTs+,AKo,KJo+.

that is about half his preflop range and its pretty wide postflop. i didnt include flush draws/straight draws he might call with, but that should be weighted less since he seems like a tag and called a 3bet short with his cards.

therefore he is folding >50% of the time and when we do bluff with AQ we get called and sometimes have ~12-24% equity.

shoving with AQ first to act is a million times better than c/f because it forces him to make a decision. sometimes we will have sick equity when he has a fd/sd and we take it down the majority so arguing that its not a profitable line is a bit ridiculous here.

[/ QUOTE ]

whos arguing a shove isnt profitable?
comprehension ftw