Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Vegas -- WHEN to book (not where)

Ah, I see. I don't like the beach so I never developed those skills.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Book early, but not through a place like hotels.com. Book directly with the hotel and most places will charge your credit card for the first night only and it is fully refundable as long as you cancel 24-72 hours prior. Then keep checking the web every few weeks for better deals. If you find one, rebook. Continue this up until a few days before your trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the way to go. Book today if the hotel is taking reservations it and monitor the rates of various hotels. If you find something better, you can change without penalty. You also have an opportunity to book through a consolidator(i.e. Hotels.com) later and still cancel your direct reservation. I typically don't book a poker rate. This far in advance you can find something at least as good that doesn't require you to play in the IP 5 hrs/day.

Note: If you have a table or particularly a slots gambler in your group, you may not want to book with a consolidator. Third party bookings will eliminate any possiblity of comps off your room rate, although they still might comp some incidentals. If you only have poker players, it's not worth your while to worry about comps.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:52 AM

check www.spiritair.com. I've found that if you book more than a month in advance you're paying too much. There is a fine line though and I'd say either book about a month in advance or find a last minute deal. I can only speak for air only, since the room is always comped.