Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: $60: 88 bubble stop and go

Crosby,
I would not give an opponent at $60 or many sitngos at all, credit for thinking about trapping with regards to making Hero stopngo. Are opponents ever that hard? If so when. The other issue is he needs to not only be bright enough to consider that, but must conclude that Hero is bright enough to consider a stopngo.

However, while extremely read dependant, if the opponent is average, what do people think he's trying to do with the small raise? Does this usually indicate strangth or weakness from considering where someone's mind is at who would no push when there's like 6x effective stack?

I'm curious if I understand a stopngo correctly. The idea is he is almost certain to call you PF, but if you just call and push every flop, he will fold some flops and:
(EV stack when he folds flop + EV he calls flop and you lose + EV he calls flop and you win) is greater than (EV you're both all in PF), so do this when stopngo ev>fold? Where exactly does the extra value come from? I.e. from when he folds overs on the flop...?

Op,
What do you define as pushing rather wide? In ICM it would be good to have a % as otherwise it's a subjective definition.

I ran a Sitngowiz on this, if I set villain to raising 33.8+(=Rather wide?), and that he calls always it's a -.17, but you would push 99. if he would fold even one hand, i.e. k5, it's +EV, and as he folds more it becomes quickly and largely +EV.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just pushing preflop is obviously an outright mistake.

As for the hand, check what ICM says. If it says it's a good call if button had shoved preflop, then stop and go. If calling would be -ev, it's unlikely that the stop and go adds enough value to make it +ev.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this line of thought. my grunch is to fold fwiw.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:18 PM

looks like a perfect stop for a spot and go