Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: 25NL : JJ and a few questions.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FLOP(6$):2 9 T
HERO bets 5$,CO calls

TURN(16$): 2 9 T 5
HERO WTF now ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This morning, I was reading an article dicussing how players tend to misinterpret weakness shown by players.

For some reason, many players like to put their opponents on monsters when their opponents simply call or check-call. However, shouldn't weakness generally be interpreted as weakness?

I say bet $10 on the turn. If villain pushes, you're done. If CO calls, I'm thinking the river will check through most of the time, as long as an 8, J, Q, K, or A doesn't hit.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't bet 10 and then say "done with the hand if he pushes" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
You have nothing left ..(6-7$)
Old 03-08-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HERO bets 5$,CO calls

HERO WTF now ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I say bet $10 on the turn. If villain pushes, you're done. If CO calls, I'm thinking the river will check through most of the time, as long as an 8, J, Q, K, or A doesn't hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming Kramers maths is correct you are betting $10, leaving $7.5 behind and then folding to a push when the pot is $42.65, and you have an overpair when the board has flush and straight draws?
Old 03-08-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

shouldn't weakness generally be interpreted as weakness?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Yes, finally someone said it. Most of the people at these stakes play weak when they are weak and weak when they are strong. As most of the time they actually are weak, just assume they are until the show you otherwise by sticking in a raise..
Old 03-08-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't bet 10 and then say "done with the hand if he pushes"
You have nothing left ..(6-7$)

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right - you've got to call on the end no matter what hits. My bad.

Ok, I want to change my answer to c/r all-in on the turn. On the river, throw out the blocking bet if you're not already all-in.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HERO bets 5$,CO calls

HERO WTF now ?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">Actually, given stack sizes, the c/r all-in on the turn is viable too, as posted earlier by a better player than I.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, ty.

Kramer do you like the c/r, open push, bet/call, or what?
Old 03-08-2007, 12:34 PM

Sweir ... CR all in where ?
FLOP ? TURN ?
On the TURN he will call with any 2
On the FLOP a CRAI lets him fold averything we beat and we only win a small pot when he has nothing and loose our stack 80% when he has us crushed

I don't know hou to play this but in a reraised pot I think I'll bet flop and C/F turn because if he calls our reraise PF, our bet on the FLOP and he bets on the TURN so much that he is comited I think we are beat a lot of times.
Am I righ or wrong?
Old 03-08-2007, 12:39 PM

I stoved it and here are the results on the turn - just verify that the Villain's range is correct:

Board: 2h 9d Ts 5c

Hero: JhJd
Villain: { QQ-77, 22, ATs, KJs-KTs, QTs+, JTs, ATo }

Hero's ahead 64.171% of the time.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sweir ... CR all in where ?
FLOP ? TURN ?
On the TURN he will call with any 2
On the FLOP a CRAI lets him fold averything we beat and we only win a small pot when he has nothing and loose our stack 80% when he has us crushed

I don't know hou to play this but in a reraised pot I think I'll bet flop and C/F turn because if he calls our reraise PF, our bet on the FLOP and he bets on the TURN so much that he is comited I think we are beat a lot of times.
Am I righ or wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking about the turn btw.

I am interested as to what your PF 3betting range is when a LAGy CO raises and it is folded round to you in the SB. Also what % of the time are you cbetting this flop, and more specifically what hands would you not cbet this with and why....?

I am surprised that you think c/f is the best line here on the turn. I personally think that CO's range is quite wide, as is mine, and also I am cbetting this flop like 100% of the time after 3betting PF. Assuming CO knows this then he could easily call the flop bet, either floating me or with a pair or draw type hand and sometimes be floating. After checking the turn I think that CO could be taking a stab at the pot with a wide range of hands (pretty much his whole calling range from the flop). I think that you are either over-estimating the skill of uNL players or are being very tight/passive. IMO JJ is WAY ahead of his range here so I have no reservations about c/r AI on the turn. TBH I see hardly any hands that beat you play this way: QQ-AA 4bet PF either raise 4bet PF or raise flop, set probably raises flop, 9Ts is possible but again probably raises flop.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
set probably raises flop, 9Ts is possible but again probably raises flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given CO's stats, I don't see him coming in raising with T9s.

And I could see a smooth call with a flopped set here. Board isn't that scary...
Old 03-08-2007, 01:06 PM

Without reading other replies:

1)

A &amp; B) Easy 3bet to say 2.25. Obv lead flop on both hands with ~3/5 PSB. Without reads or cards it's kinda hard to come up with a line for the entire hand.

2) Yes.

What reason would you have to lead lead the flop on any of these scenarios? If the CO is 30/14/1.5 and he calls or raises your flop lead then you put him on a range and proceed from there.