Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Vent: Can one attract good Karma or no?

[ QUOTE ]
your questions are easy to answer. first, there's no such thing as karma.

second, there's no such thing as a person "being" lucky. people can "get" lucky, or have "more than their share" of good luck, but that doesn't mean theres any reason to expect them to continue to have good luck in the future.

in short, a person's "luckiness" can only be determined in hindsight, it has nothing to do with the present or future.

so feel better.

[/ QUOTE ]
so you're telling me that having a highly positive attitude does not bring forth good luck? so all these motivational speakers are charlatans??

Im sure youve heard of stories of personal positivity bringing forth positive energy, positive thoughts bringing forth good luck and good things. Theres even the theory that human minds can control RNG, another example of positive thought bringing forth results.

maybe im superstitious but i didn't except so many here not to believe in luck.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're in the wrong place. go talk to casual blackjack or slots players.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know so many people which are worse human beings tham i am, treat people the opposite of how i treat people, lazier workers, bad hearted people, yet they are luckier than me

[/ QUOTE ]

This is your problem right here. You are nice person, great. That doesn't mean the world or anyone in it owes you anything. If you want something you have to make it happen. Sometimes Tony Robbins is right.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so you're telling me that having a highly positive attitude does not bring forth good luck? so all these motivational speakers are charlatans??

[/ QUOTE ]

of course it doesn't bring good luck if luck pertains to things based on chance.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is your problem right here. You are nice person, great. That doesn't mean the world or anyone in it owes you anything. If you want something you have to make it happen. Sometimes Tony Robbins is right.

[/ QUOTE ]
im starting to think the known fact that "chicks love jerks" might apply to life as well, "life loves jerks"
Old 03-08-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Im sure youve heard of stories of personal positivity bringing forth positive energy, positive thoughts bringing forth good luck and good things. Theres even the theory that human minds can control RNG, another example of positive thought bringing forth results.

[/ QUOTE ]
Take 100 people with good positive thoughts. Good things are bound to happen to some of them. Karma? Don't think so.
As for controlling RNG's, good luck with that.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:05 AM

The concept of karma is retarded. There is no ACTUAL cause and effect going on based on arbitrarily "good" deeds and "bad" deeds.

Yugoslav
Old 03-08-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
im starting to think the known fact that "chicks love jerks" might apply to life as well, "life loves jerks"

[/ QUOTE ]

Life doesn't love or hate anyone. You mean "good fortune loves jerks"? Ehhhhhhh.....the argument to support this is likely going to look pretty shoddy.

Also "chicks love jerks" is dumb too....chicks don't love jerks as a rule...they love different emotional states.

Yugoslav
Old 03-08-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think it's odd how if you say you're a christian you're instantly vilified but if you mention karma it's cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
karma is a fancier way than saying "luck," you believe in luck don't you? why do some people have all the luck and others don't?? we all know lucky people and we all know good people with no good luck. I just want to know if this is something we are born with or can we change this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Karma != luck. Karma in Western terms has to do with cause and effect of a moral/ethical nature. Luck or fortune really has nothing to do with any of it.

Yugoslav
Old 03-08-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Karma isn't some magic force that rewards or punishes you. Think about it: If someone is truly altruistic, helping others whenever possible whlie expecting nothing in return, they will live a rewarding and happy life. Also, if you are helpful and kind to people, that will put them in better moods, they will help people in turn and your whole environment will be improved.

Don't be nice to people expecting something in return, that will only lead to dissapointment when they don't react the way you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe...maybe not.

But at least you're talking about the right concept!

Yugoslav