Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: AGGRESSION Factor from PT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My ring game factor is .95 but only based on 2000 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just might be a calling station.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how you can make that distinction just from knowing my aggression factor for 2k hands. You could probably say that I play extra tight in the ring games but to say that I'm a calling station is a stupid thing to say based on the information that you have.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Like I asked before, where does PT show you your aggression factor?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the general info tab, click more detail button on the right, then scroll down. Heaps of good stuff on this page, btw

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming that the aggression factor numbers that you posted were for ring games not tournaments?? I would also be interested in knowing how many hands these numbers are based on.

I'm not as experienced in ring games but I would be very suprised if you could win long term with such an aggressive style in torunament play. However, in ring games your style probably is very effective at stealing pots from the tight players.

I just started using tracker again in mid January my overall aggression factor in tournament play is 1.05 and is based on 30,000 hands. My ring game factor is .95 but only based on 2000 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

My stats

Only tourney games, no ring whatsoever

301 tourneys on stars, from $4 to $11 rebuys, HU to mtt, mostly mtt

18k hands in total. 10bb/100 hands

I think you misunderstand tourney play- read sklansys tourney book a few more times. In tourneys, it is advantageous to play more aggro, and back off when someone shows aggression. Hence, you bet, raise and fold heaps, and call very often.

I think having an aggression factor of 1 is laying down and asking to be raped

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how you can make that distinction just from knowing my aggression factor for 2k hands. You could probably say that I play extra tight in the ring games but to say that I'm a calling station is a stupid thing to say based on the information that you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

30k hands with an aggro factor of 1.05 and 2k hands at .95, is 32k hands with an aggro factor of 1

If your aggression factor is one, you are a calling station, period.

In the other forum, it talks about wanting your aggro stats above 2!

Yes, 2k hands is only a small tourney sample, but, nonetheless, you are a calling station, and have no chance whatsoever of beating anyone half decent if you play like this. Please dont consider me rude, its just a fact, and one which you will have to work hard on to unlearn, just as every single person here has/ or is learning to do
Old 03-09-2007, 02:01 PM

I agree that you must be aggro to go deep in an MTT. I find that my best finishes/wins my AF is at least 2 and frequently over 3-4 and a couple times was over 5 but that was due to a couple of supper aggro villians that I fought back with strong holdings. My average AF is over 2.

MShafer000 no offense intended but I agree with Omaha that I would see you as a calling station. You should really work on getting more aggressive and you will likely see better results. Try thinking more in terms of raise/reraise/fold instead of call/fold.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like I asked before, where does PT show you your aggression factor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its right on the general info tab to the right of BB/100

[/ QUOTE ]
Mine shows "went to showdown", "won $ at showdown", "pf raise %", and "total rake" to the right of BB/100. No aggression factor. Do I need to set some option to get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at Betgo. I click on the details button in the general info tab. That gives me AF information.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty simple really and aggression factor is all the information you need and 2k should be a large enough sample. Aggression factor is (total number of bets + raises) / number of calls. If you have more calls than bets and raises, you're a calling station in my book. I didn't mean to offend you, but you might want to look at why you are calling so often.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:22 PM

I think Grafyx is right here. I don't think having an AF under 1.00 can be long-term profitable in ring games (maybe in games where you only play turbo-lagtards).