Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 12:13 PM

Location: \"If it shows their cards why did you keep betting?\"
Default Re: booyah Yeti got me blacklisted!!

look i can use the yeti theorem in a different way

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $27</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $93</font>, 2 folds, Button calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($198, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $100</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $200</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $760.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button calls all-in $400</font>.
Uncalled bets: $160.25 returned to Hero.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1398, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $1398)

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1398, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $1398)

Results:
Final pot: $1398
<font color="#ffffff">Button showed 7c 7h</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero showed Ah Ks</font>
Old 03-07-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you guys not even understand a 'theorem' that is so clearly spelled out for you in multiple posts.

this is not the yeti theorem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wong forum to discuss, lol, but i'll go anyway:

Krantz, explain me the difference. Yeti stated this description was pretty much spot on:

"A flop threebet on a dry (preferably paired) board is always a bluff?"

I understood from the thread that the nuance was added that the 3bet should be coming from the PFR who has position.

And whatever, even if this is not what is theorem is about, seems like a good bluffspot for me anyway, since it is so unlikely that my opponent 3bets a really strong hand on this board, and there is so little he can call my allin with. And if he does i have a few backdoor escapes [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

And this reasoning has pretty much with the essence i picked up from Yeti's thought: why would the PFT 3bet a strong hand in position on a dry board if he can let the check/raiser keep firing? mIwrong?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understood from the thread that the nuance was added that the 3bet should be coming from the PFR who has position.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this happen? Check, bet, raise, reraise? Aside from the fact that I never see that line, it seems quite a bit stronger than when PFR is out of position and action goes c-bet, raise, reraise.

LOL strategy in BBV.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:43 PM

I wonder if he folded AK?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:52 PM

man, is there anything you guys wont argue about?

it really doesn't make that much of a different if the theorm is dry or paired board, the general idea behind it applies to them both. that the preflop raiser on a dry/paired board is more likely to call w/ overpairs and more likely to suspect you have nothing, so 3 bet AK than on a action flop.

it helps to remember it in general terms, that way you'll find more places it can be applied. then you can play hands like this, 6 handed 25/50 sb completes, you check 4To. A52, he bets, you raise, he reraises, you call/float. turn: J, he bets, you raise, he folds.