Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Todays Card Player Daily Poker Quiz

Thanks for the replies...

Typically at 5/10 and 10/20 (my usual stakes) against someone who has loose preflop standards, and tends to be decent/aggressive postflop; I would nearly always call this kind of hand (in that kind of situation) down.

The times that I fold is if my opponent tends to be passive postflop on the turn (or is not the kind of player capable of semi-bluff raising).

I guess in this present hand example, I am focusing too much on the draw on the board and his preflop play. I should respect the read on my opponent in this hand... that he is a solid player postflop and isn't making many mistakes (especially on a high card board, into a PF ColdCaller).

Is this hand typical of 15/30 (my new level) play? Or does the passive preflop/flop play by the AQ, make this an atypical hand for these levels?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:52 AM

Where are you playing ROL?

This is always a fold against all, but the most tricky/tough players. You're at best looking at AQ here in typical 15/30 live games.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:19 PM

Underplaying your hand on the flop has given you a tough problem on the turn.Is he now overplaying his hand now because you have him fooled or does he really have it?No way to know.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jfk, you need to bet the turn for value as well. You get paid off by AT all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has an ace it is less likely to be AT than AJ or better. If he has no ace he'll be likely to fire the river (if typical).

[ QUOTE ]
Underplaying your hand on the flop has given you a tough problem on the turn.Is he now overplaying his hand now because you have him fooled or does he really have it?No way to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

All things considered, players raising UTG with K7 aren't all that common and if this is part of this opponents range, you'd be isolating with that AQ 100%. My head starts to spin a little in figuring out how to play a hand while living inside Brier's poker mind because I'd never get to the same spot in the hand under the same set of circumstances.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:26 PM

And if he has KK? There are very few hands to be afraid of and a ton that pay us off.