Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: The \"contributed\" difference at Absolute

From the affiliate T&C:

[ QUOTE ]
2.6 "Net Revenue" is calculated as the sum total of all Players' rake contribution and tournament fees generated at Our Site less any credits, bonus or promotional amounts given to Players, processing charges and any other uncollectible revenue, as well as rake contributions by prop players. With the rake method (contribution method), a player only generates rake when they actually contribute money to the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the affiliate login:

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute Poker is still holding a strong position in the U.S. market providing poker players from around the world with the very best online poker experience. We are 100% committed to staying in the U.S. and provide your players with the easiest, fastest, secure deposit and cashout options. However, in light of Neteller and other popular ewallets leaving the U.S., our processing fees have increased upwards of 5 times. These costs are higher due to the new and only deposit options available to U.S. customers, some of these deposit options also require Absolute Poker to cash guarantee all funds - please note we keep a cash reserve to cover all of our player balances. Due to this increase in costs, Absolute Poker has amended its terms and conditions so we can stay in business to enable you and Absolute Poker to keep making money and not be forced to leave the US market.

Calculation of Net Revenue has been amended to reflect the following:

All Affiliates are paid on net revenue. Net revenue is calulated by taking the gross revenue an affiliate's player generates and subtracting any processing fees which can include:
· Merchant processing fees
· Charge backs
· Processor default
· Tourney deductions
· Any other agreed upon deductions

The amount of these deductions will be taken off of Gross Revenue. At that point the remaining number is considered the Net Revenue. You, the affiliate, will be paid based on this net revenue number.

Please see the example below:
· Gross Revenue generated by the affiliates U.S. players.
· Minus Processing Fees.
· Minus tourney deductions and any other agreed upon deductions
· = Net Revenue.
· The affiliate is then paid their Revenue Share on this net revenue.

Last, we will combine your U.S. commission with your Non-U.S. commission for your total payment.

Absolute Poker has the most competitive merchant processing in the industry - i.e. your customers will be able to deposit and cashout better with Absolute Poker than any of our competitors - this means higher customer lifetime values and bigger checks for you that will continue!

By staying in the U.S., Absolute Poker is making the commitment to allow you to continue to make money!

YOUR NON-U.S. TRAFFIC WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THESE CHANGES. THIS IS ONLY FOR U.S. TRAFFIC.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-07-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My MGR seems to be down even MORE the last few days. I think they have started deducting bonuses, or fees, or something since I'm certainly getting less RB than I was in Feb. even after the contributed change.

Anyone else see this or have I just been playing tighter the last few days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read the post immediately above yours?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:15 PM

Jac, we saw that posted a few weeks ago and it does appear they are implementing it. I've made a deposit and earned bonus and after some calcuations, it does appear they are deducting that stuff. Not sure about prop stuff since I only play NL.