Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 05:25 AM

Default Re: three 10s hand

After reading the results the result isnt surprising given how button played it, but make sure you get UTG on your buddy list and stalk him from now on.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop seems fine as played. If he is as solid as you say I think you can probably narrow him down to AA/AT/A2s.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he's solid, how often does he raise preflop with A2s after a gazillion limpers here? One might consider raising 87s on a tight table after several limpers, but on a loose table you just cut into your implied odds. Also, raising ATo after several limpers on the button is a bit questionable. I'd rather give up my (small) equity edge here to exploit a bigger edge postflop in a smaller pot.

And I certainly wouldn't rule out AK and maybe even AQ as a possible holding for button.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:04 AM

Yeah i kind of tacked on A2s and considered putting "(maybe)" next to it but didnt bother. But I agree its the least likely of his holdings.

If he is a solid aggressive player I cant see him capping a hero that donk/3-bets him with anything less than two pair - I think AK/AQ would be quite unlikely here. When I put AT I was pretty much implying AhTh but didnt clarify that.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think AK/AQ would be quite unlikely here. When I put AT I was pretty much implying AhTh but didnt clarify that.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know a few people that I consider at least semi-good that think TPTK is a capping hand on the flop, especially when against another aggressive player (like myself, that's why my sets often are paid off nicely).
Old 03-07-2007, 06:52 AM

Thats worth thinking about. I am not sure if I would have the stones to cap someone that donk/3-bet me on that flop with just TPTK
Old 03-07-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A very good point. Although in this case I lost to a higher set. I had a sneaky feeling that this was the case but how could I be sure.

The results were

Hero had three 10's
Button had three Ace's
UTG+1 had 5d 4s and finished with Ace high

UTG+1 even tried to steal the pot at the end by raising on the river, which means me and him lost another 50 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]
Follow that man like a lost puppy.