Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Sunday Mill, JTs in CO M=6

This is a push and it's not even close.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree with Cornell, with one provision: if the players behind are ubertight and you know you're CRUSHED if you're reraised, open raising then folding is ok. This happens so rarely I don't really think it matters much, but I've seen it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have JTs. How would you know you are CRUSHED if reraised from the blinds? If you raise 3xBB and someone pushes and turns AKo face up, calling is still cEV+.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Agree with Cornell, with one provision: if the players behind are ubertight and you know you're CRUSHED if you're reraised, open raising then folding is ok. This happens so rarely I don't really think it matters much, but I've seen it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have JTs. How would you know you are CRUSHED if reraised from the blinds? If you raise 3xBB and someone pushes and turns AKo face up, calling is still cEV+.

[/ QUOTE ]

I advocated raising smaller than 3bb. Also, AK is what you are really praying to see in this situaion.

However, I realize now the problems of raising anything else than all-in.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I advocated raising smaller than 3bb. Also, AK is what you are really praying to see in this situaion.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you raise 2.5xBB from the button with JTs and someone pushes, you are praying to see J8s, not AKo. 99 pretty much always pushes and you would rather see that than AKo.

The problem is that if you raise, you actually have a borderline call. If you limp from the button, you have a borderline fold to a push.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you raise 2.5xBB from the button with JTs and someone pushes, you are praying to see J8s, not AKo. 99 pretty much always pushes and you would rather see that than AKo.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the players behind us are tight, we know they won't have J8s when they push.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the players behind us are tight, we know they won't have J8s when they push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you say tight or tight fish?

You are getting 1.7-1 pot odds to call a push after raising to 2.5xBB. If the blinds are really only pushing top 10% hands, then you have a borderline fold.

Really though, you don't want to raise/fold in this situation.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:03 PM

Betgo,
You never talk about ranges, only specific hands. Soulman was talking about playing against the kind of opponents who only push back with TT+,AK. Against them, you're much better off raising to 3 BBs and folding to a reraise because you're a 2.3:1 dog against their reraising range.

Edit: To clarify, we're talking about a situation that really only comes up in a few really rare instances. There are some more common situations where the same concept applies tho. For example, it folds to you in the SB when the BU is a meganit with 10 BBs.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Betgo,
You never talk about ranges, only specific hands. Soulman was talking about playing against the kind of opponents who only push back with TT+,AK. Against them, you're much better off raising to 3 BBs and folding to a reraise because you're a 2.3:1 dog against their reraising range.

Edit: To clarify, we're talking about a situation that really only comes up in a few really rare instances. There are some more common situations where the same concept applies tho. For example, it folds to you in the SB when the BU is a meganit with 10 BBs.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you have a read that the blinds are predictable weak/tight idiots, then raising to 2.5xBB and folding to a push is best.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:13 PM

im shoving all day long.M=7(13,000/1,840)JTs is a good hand take make your stand here.you are in allin or fold mode.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:16 PM

easy push in this spot.