Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 09:15 AM

Default Re: 50nl 44... flopped trips

1) The results are only marginally relevant as another data point in a Bayesian scheme. Therefore they are sometimes posted afterwards, but usually never.
2) There are no fullhouses possible on the turn.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:43 AM

Results aren't as important as how the hand was played. You can play a hand perfectly and still lose. Also, not posting result tends to get better responses because there is no bias.

If I had to bet I would say that BB hit his A8 on the turn and sucked out on the river or had a flush draw. Maybe pocket 3's or 88, maybe he limped AA although most will raise aces Pre-flop. Regardless, your trying to get your money in the pot when you flop a set. Its hard to do that and not scare hands you can extract value from like a weak Ace when you have a small pot. Pot flop, Pot turn, push if raised. River push. You have a fullhouse and if he hit his flush he will have a hard time not calling especially if he has a King of clubs. If you got beat by a better FH or quads well that's poker.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
holy mother of christ and all that is holy... after reading panic's post, i saw where i went wrong... at this point, it was time for me to turn off the computer and get some sleep...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad my post opened your eyes, lol. Could not have imagined it would have such an impact though.