Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Down?

Shoot. I was on the bubble of an $11 Omaha tournament. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
So everyone gets their buy-in back?
Old 03-04-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's the government [censored] us!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-04-2007, 05:37 PM

Question:

Should I keep trying to reconnect in case the site comes back up and the tournament is played out or has the server been down long enough that the tournament buy-ins will probably just get refunded?

If the second case, I kind of want to go out and grab some food.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:37 PM

I always wondered when the Russian mafia would start targeting poker sites for ransoms.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:40 PM

Terrorists?
Bush?
Frist?
Cartmen?
Old 03-04-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Terrorists?
Bush?
Frist?
Cartmen?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope it doesn't have anything to do with me calling my bank today and having them authorize a deposit to some company called "Full Tilt Poker"

<banker>: is that an online gambling site?

<me>: um...i dunno, is it ok if it is?

<banker>: sure (hits doom switch)

-J
Old 03-04-2007, 06:05 PM

I satellited into the 400k starting in an hour, if the tournament is not played, will I get thrown into next week's or will I get a $216 credit to my account?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:09 PM

First, let me apologize for the downtime. Obviously we're working as fast as possible to bring the game back up.

Second, the email in that screenshot is completely incorrect. It's from our old (over a year ago) policy that has been completely overhauled.

The correct policy is found at Rule #31 on http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/tourRules.php -

-----

Occasionally, due to technical difficulties, a tournament may be cancelled. Depending on the tournament's status at the time of this cancellation, Full Tilt Poker will do the following:

31.1. If a tournament is voided before it starts - Players will have their buy-ins and fees returned in the same currency they used to enter the tournament (real money, tokens, etc.), unless they entered the tournament through a satellite, in which case they will be refunded the standard buy-in for the tournament.

31.2. If the tournament had not yet reached the money - All players still in the tournament at the time of the cancellation will be refunded their tournament buy-in and tournament fee. Players will have their buy-ins refunded in the same currency they used to enter the tournament (real money, tokens, etc.), unless they earned their entry through a satellite, in which case, they will be refunded the standard buy-in for the tournament. In addition, the buy-ins of players already eliminated from the tournament will be divided up and distributed to the remaining players, based on their chip counts. Guarantees and money added to the prize pool will not be included in the player payouts.

31.3. If the tournament had reached the money - All players still in the tournament at the time of the cancellation will be awarded with the next guaranteed payout and have their tournament fee returned. In addition, the remaining prize pool will be distributed amongst the surviving players based on their chip counts.

31.4. In a rebuy tournament - the number of rebuys or add-ons a player has made does not affect the payout if a tournament is cancelled. If a tournament has not reached the money, all players will have their initial tournament buy-in and fee returned, as described in bullet 31.2. Rebuys and add-ons will not be refunded. If a tournament has reached the money, payouts will be handled as described in bullet 31.3.

31.5. If a tournament awards a non-monetary prize, such as World Series of Poker prize package, Full Tilt Poker will assign a monetary value to the prize, and distribute the cash value to the remaining players, based on their chip counts. If all remaining players have each won the first-place prize at the time of cancellation (e.g., the remaining players have each already secured a WSOP prize package), they will each keep their prizes.

----

After looking over that, I see the rebuy policy is worded slightly strangely. The basic idea is that each rebuy or add-on counts as a busted player if a tournament hasn't reached the money (meaning it gets distributed by chip count, not "refunded" to the player that made that particular rebuy or add-on).

Doug
Old 03-04-2007, 06:11 PM

Doug, please run the 400k and the 75k today
Old 03-04-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I satellited into the 400k starting in an hour, if the tournament is not played, will I get thrown into next week's or will I get a $216 credit to my account?

[/ QUOTE ]
If the $400K doesn't run, you will get $216 cash.