Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2007, 02:16 AM

Default Re: 100NL AA-something different

your logic is bad here. Both of you guys are a full 100BBs + deep and your ultimate goal with aces should be to play for stacks, hence 3 betting preflop unless your opponent is REALLY lag and bad.

super tight opponents aren't* going to stack off to you with one pair hands anyway so theres sense in slowplaying aces against them.

As for the pot control issue, a lot of your action also doesnt make sense. Im not sure what you're so afraid of on this board, but you've made it way more difficult for yourself by not 3 betting pre. By the turn you have your stack invested anyway when you lead 30, contradicting pot control. I wouldnt be that worried about another heart here considering you have the Ah in your hand.

This is getting really long but in short, as played(not 3 betting), im playing for stacks on the stacks on the flop and hoping my opponent has AJ, QQ, or KK and not a set.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:22 AM

The reason I just called the flop raise was not for pot control. It was to get more value out of AJ etc. I was hoping to get it all in on a turn blank. The turn obv wasnt a blank but I didnt think it helped him unless he had QQ or MAYBE QJ. But I still expected to get it ai vs KK so I bet.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know pf isnt standard but I think its ok occasionally if i bet/3bet this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]So why not follow through?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-03-2007, 02:30 AM

hindsight is 20/20. I should have but I didnt realize that at the time. next time i do this (prob not for a while) hopefully I'll remember this and stick it in.