Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Flop Nuts get C/R..plz flame

with history, i can see employing "reverse yeti-theorem" here... but with stack sizes, and opponents the way they are, this hand is BEGGING to be slowplayed

since when does min-3betting a dry board mean weakness, to an unknown?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:04 AM

In my personal experience, against decent aggressive players, I'd never take this line. But assuming that our opponents is really bad and aggressive for no reason, like OP stated, I've taken this line with some interesting mixed results. I've had people push here, and even call and still push turn.

A call here is standard, but I don't mind this play if the read tryuly is correct.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:06 AM

wtf, u dont like money??theres like 450 in pot if u just call and hes def shoving or 3/4 pot betting any turn....well since u posted this he prob had 555 or 888 and shoved but u should call flop and shove over his turn bet
Old 03-01-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In my personal experience, against decent aggressive players, I'd never take this line. But assuming that our opponents is really bad and aggressive for no reason, like OP stated, I've taken this line with some interesting mixed results. I've had people push here, and even call and still try and take the lead on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

FD,

like i said, i was trying something different.

i am not sure what he put me on (air i suppose), but he called and pushed the turn with 89s (no flush draw).

Disclaimer: I did not post this to show everyone how my unorthodox (<--be nice [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) line worked out-- i hate when people do that.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf, u dont like money??theres like 450 in pot if u just call and hes def shoving or 3/4 pot betting any turn....well since u posted this he prob had 555 or 888 and shoved but u should call flop and shove over his turn bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Juice,

if he has a set as well, the money is going in no matter what.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:12 AM

FD,

like i said, i was trying something different.

i am not sure what he put me on (air i suppose), but he called and pushed the turn with 89s (no flush draw).

Disclaimer: I did not post this to show everyone how my unorthodox (<--be nice [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) line worked out-- i hate when people do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have like 20 pages I wrote on different specific types of players, and the things they're capable of. This isn't as bad a play as people on here will say, but I think people get too locked into their boxes.

When you posted this with your read, I initially thought of a guy that I stacked just like this today. There are very finite details between these types of aggressive players, and making the proper disction between them will lead to different lines.

Perhaps you call, and the same thing happens, but good for you for experimenting.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:14 AM

FD,

if you have any interest in sharing what you have written on player profiles, I would love to read it.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FD,

if you have any interest in sharing what you have written on player profiles, I would love to read it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't own the rights to it anymore, but if you PM me, I'll tell you where you can get it.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:34 AM

call the raise and donkbet the turn... vary the bet sizing based on what the card is given your opponents tendencies
Old 03-01-2007, 03:47 AM

your opponent's most likely hand is 67o for teh OESD, so you should have pushed to price him out of his draw