Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Toss\'s Degenerate Vegas Trip Report: The Second Donkening

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ugh, I didn't read your post yet, but the picture of the goldschlager was the first thing I saw. It's the only alcohol that ever made me vomit, and I remember the taste of it coming up. I liked it a lot until that one odd night...

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is why goldschlager is so balla. You're either puking out flecks of gold or sh*tting out flecks of gold.

Glad to see people like the report. Next part to come in a few hours. Will contain more poker action and puking.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:17 PM

I buyin for the max and take my seat between a quiet looking guy and a blond girl wearing a whorish pink jumpsuit. This table is a lot friendly and everyone is making small talk. One guy suggests jagger shots and naturally I'm the only one who agrees. We take out first shots and I raise T8o after three or four limpers, only one of 'em calls. Flop is I don't even remember and I bet only to be called. Turn goes check, check, I river a pair and take down the pot against overcards. The Swedish guy who called goes "What T8o? I thought you were tight." I reply, "Maybe you didn't notice I was Asian?" He laughs and says, "Of course how could I've make that oversight."

Two shots in I raises A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to $35 preflop (remember this is 1/2NL) and get two callers. Flop is 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I decide not to take a stab and everyone checks. Turn is the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] bingo for me. I bet, the guy who is taking jagger shots with me raises with a big goofy smile on his face. I don't know what to think so I just put him All In. He flips over J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I don't improve. Fish. Fish! "Dude what are playing with?", I say against my better judgement. He says, "I won didn't I?" That's it. I order another round of shots. I was going to drink this fool under the table.

Four or five shots in I defend my Big Blind with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] versus an early raiser who is on a massive heater. I want to represent that I have a big hand so I get real quiet and call. Flop is 722r and I check call without saying a word and taking my sweet time. The whole table is now watching the hand between the big white guy on a heater and the drunk skinny asian kid. The turn is something like 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and it goes check, check. River comes out another rag and I make a ridiculously fake sigh. I move out half a stack of reds and push them slowly into the pot like I hate doing it. Villain has a perplexed look on his face and says after some time, "You know I think K-high may be good." I don't make a move. He mucks and I say, "They were good." and flop over my Q8s. The whole table goes bonker and we take more shots.

Around the sixth round of shots we get to know each other more and it turns out I'm playing with one of the creators of photshop. His name is Tai something and you'll see it on the list of names everytime you pop open photoshop. His roomate, (the one I'm trying to drink under the table because he suckout on me with J2s), is a math grad student at UCSD. The seventh shots comes around and J2s says, "I think this is going to be my last one." Like I'm going to let him off that easily. I fire back, "Are you going to let a 120 pound Asian boy who's been up for 48 hours outdrink a 180 pound white guy?" He says, "That would be a disgrace wouldn't it?" Indeed it would.

On the eight or ninth round of shots an old gambler with a cowboy hat takes a seat and sees a sh*tfaced Asian kid, a white guy laughing hysterically, and his roommate shaking his head because he knows he'll have to carry him back up to the room. At this point I barely even remember what hands I played much less how I played them. (Probably less than optimally) Five limpers, I raise it up on the button with QTo and the guy who I bluffed earlier calls along with Mr.J2s. Three to the flop for lots of $$. Flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I lightning check after they check to me. Turn is the ship-it-holla-balla K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the heater guy leads out big. Mr.J2s hems and haws and folds what's probably a gutshot. I slam down my tenth (or eleventh?) shot of jagger and shove in all my chips very messily, Phil Laak style. Mr.J2s is cracking up and the rest of the table is gawking at the crazy Asian kid (me). Heater guy goes into the tank. Five minutes later he folds A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] face up!!!! Zomg he saw through my smoke and mirrors.

I don't remember racking up my chips. I don't remember cashing out. I don't remember crossing the street and taking the elevator back to my hotel room. I don't remember getting into bed and I certainly don't remember vomiting all over the place. It' very troubling. I could've easily lost all my money at the poker tables, get robbed, or hit by a car. It's a miracle I still had my wallet, cellphone, and money when I got back to my room. I thought about how my parents would feel if I had choked to death on my own vomit. I'm afraid for myself. I drink infrequently, but when I do it's most likely binge drinking. I'm scared I'll really go over the edge one day and I won't be so lucky next time.

Saturday and Sunday portion of the trip to follow.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I buyin for the max and take my seat between a quiet looking guy and a blond girl wearing a whorish pink jumpsuit. This table is a lot friendly and everyone is making small talk. One guy suggests jagger shots and naturally I'm the only one who agrees. We take out first shots and I raise T8o after three or four limpers, only one of 'em calls. Flop is I don't even remember and I bet only to be called. Turn goes check, check, I river a pair and take down the pot against overcards. The Swedish guy who called goes "What T8o? I thought you were tight." I reply, "Maybe you didn't notice I was Asian?" He laughs and says, "Of course how could I've make that oversight."

Two shots in I raises A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to $35 preflop (remember this is 1/2NL) and get two callers. Flop is 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I decide not to take a stab and everyone checks. Turn is the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] bingo for me. I bet, the guy who is taking jagger shots with me raises with a big goofy smile on his face. I don't know what to think so I just put him All In. He flips over J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I don't improve. Fish. Fish! "Dude what are playing with?", I say against my better judgement. He says, "I won didn't I?" That's it. I order another round of shots. I was going to drink this fool under the table.

Four or five shots in I defend my Big Blind with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] versus an early raiser who is on a massive heater. I want to represent that I have a big hand so I get real quiet and call. Flop is 722r and I check call without saying a word and taking my sweet time. The whole table is now watching the hand between the big white guy on a heater and the drunk skinny asian kid. The turn is something like 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and it goes check, check. River comes out another rag and I make a ridiculously fake sigh. I move out half a stack of reds and push them slowly into the pot like I hate doing it. Villain has a perplexed look on his face and says after some time, "You know I think K-high may be good." I don't make a move. He mucks and I say, "They were good." and flop over my Q8s. The whole table goes bonker and we take more shots.

Around the sixth round of shots we get to know each other more and it turns out I'm playing with one of the creators of photshop. His name is Tai something and you'll see it on the list of names everytime you pop open photoshop. His roomate, (the one I'm trying to drink under the table because he suckout on me with J2s), is a math grad student at UCSD. The seventh shots comes around and J2s says, "I think this is going to be my last one." Like I'm going to let him off that easily. I fire back, "Are you going to let a 120 pound Asian boy who's been up for 48 hours outdrink a 180 pound white guy?" He says, "That would be a disgrace wouldn't it?" Indeed it would.

On the eight or ninth round of shots an old gambler with a cowboy hat takes a seat and sees a sh*tfaced Asian kid, a white guy laughing hysterically, and his roommate shaking his head because he knows he'll have to carry him back up to the room. At this point I barely even remember what hands I played much less how I played them. (Probably less than optimally) Five limpers, I raise it up on the button with QTo and the guy who I bluffed earlier calls along with Mr.J2s. Three to the flop for lots of $$. Flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I lightning check after they check to me. Turn is the ship-it-holla-balla K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the heater guy leads out big. Mr.J2s hems and haws and folds what's probably a gutshot. I slam down my tenth (or eleventh?) shot of jagger and shove in all my chips very messily, Phil Laak style. Mr.J2s is cracking up and the rest of the table is gawking at the crazy Asian kid (me). Heater guy goes into the tank. Five minutes later he folds A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] face up!!!! Zomg he saw through my smoke and mirrors.

I don't remember racking up my chips. I don't remember cashing out. I don't remember crossing the street and taking the elevator back to my hotel room. I don't remember getting into bed and I certainly don't remember vomiting all over the place. It' very troubling. I could've easily lost all my money at the poker tables, get robbed, or hit by a car. It's a miracle I still had my wallet, cellphone, and money when I got back to my room. I thought about how my parents would feel if I had choked to death on my own vomit. I'm afraid for myself. I drink infrequently, but when I do it's most likely binge drinking. I'm scared I'll really go over the edge one day and I won't be so lucky next time.

Saturday and Sunday portion of the trip to follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

2p2 Asians=disappointing parents
Old 03-02-2007, 12:08 AM

Toss,
Does your face get bright red when you're hammered? Just trying to get a visual for the story. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Toss,
Does your face get bright red when you're hammered? Just trying to get a visual for the story. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
He said he was Asian didn't he???
Old 03-02-2007, 11:40 AM

Good Story.
This big old white guy is enjoying vicariously living through the eyes of a drunk skinny asian kid. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: FIRE DIABLO/HIRE TOSS

[ QUOTE ]

Pls provide pics of fat girl thax.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-02-2007, 02:50 PM

P.S. God watches over drunks and children.

But, seriously be careful with the drunkaments when you are walking around solo. At least have some soberish friends around for level-headed safety.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I drink infrequently, but when I do it's most likely binge drinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Ya think?

Good story though. Keep it going.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:00 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember racking up my chips. I don't remember cashing out. I don't remember crossing the street and taking the elevator back to my hotel room. I don't remember getting into bed and I certainly don't remember vomiting all over the place. It' very troubling. I could've easily lost all my money at the poker tables, get robbed, or hit by a car. It's a miracle I still had my wallet, cellphone, and money when I got back to my room.

[/ QUOTE ]

This part goes to show that Vegas is very drunk.gambler friendly. Most major cities you have been robbed, mugged, arrested for PI or some combination of the three.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought about how my parents would feel if I had choked to death on my own vomit. I'm afraid for myself. I drink infrequently, but when I do it's most likely binge drinking. I'm scared I'll really go over the edge one day and I won't be so lucky next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This part reminds me why I quit drinking almost 21 years ago.