Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: I dont think I can cry from physical pain..

Seriously, just take a paperclip or something and start pressing it under one of your fingernails. It's one of the most painful things you can imagine and you won't possibly be able to apply nearly as much as force as someone intent on torturing you.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:39 PM

Im sure Ive told these before, but when I was 17/18, I got my finger caught in a piece of machinery, and it butterflied it open, broke 2 of my finger bones, and cut it off, except for the top side of my hands skin near the "hand knuckle?", it was the only thing that kept it on, 200 stitches, and some plastic surgery made it pretty normal though, although the tip is still scarred up. I was stabbed in teh calf about 3 ro 4 inches penetration, from a bar fight/accident when I was 20, that wasnt really a big deal though.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:39 PM

I cant remember the last time I cried from some type of pain. Seems pretty normal for a man though.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only way I feel I can cry is from sadness or being extremely scared. I have a very high tolerance for pain. I'm not sure if this is normal or not. When I see pro athletes crying from pain I just dont get it.

The following are a few examples over the past couple years where I didnt cry. They are in order from least painful to most.

1. Huge gash requiring 16 stitches in foot
2. Broken nose
3. Getting punched in the stomach by my brother when not expecting it.
4. Stubbing my toe very badily
5. Broken wrist
6. High ankle sprain
7. Fell while hiking. Hip landed on rock. Nastiest bruise I’ve ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

you gotta be like superman or something, right?
Old 02-28-2007, 04:57 PM

Try dental work.

Getting a deep cavity done is considered near unbearable. A root canal and you have no shot.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:00 PM

Oh ya, I had 4 impacted wisom teeth pulled out, I didnt get the general anesthetia just the laughing gas an novacaine, I felt aweseom actually, and was lifting christmas trees 24 hours later, the worst pain from that was the pain pills that turned my stomach, and made me green.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:10 PM

I'm not sure pain itself is what makes a person cry. Is it not the emotions that the pain can induce; Fear, anxiety, stress etc? Or for some people a combination of both.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:14 PM

I might cry from getting hit in the nose. That usually waters up my eyes just based on the physiology of it.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:19 PM

i have had reconstructive ankle sugury, knee, and both wristsugury. the amount of times i have fell over 10 feet and hit concrete (freestyle bmx) i cannot count.

i have cried from pain once.
When i was in the Airforce, we were removing the flaps off a wing on a C-130h, i guy didnt yell clear, i didnt move my hand, and he pushed it up. The tip of my lt middle finger exploded, i think its called an obtursion or something like that. It basically was pinched so tight it burst. That didnt hurt the worst tho...when i went to the hospital and they had to clean out all the airplane grease and gunk from inside my finger, and the put several shot into my open wound....i didnt mean to cry, but nothing in the world was gonna stop those tears. I didnt sob, by my eyes got really red and some tears did fall.

they set my ankle after i broke it without pain meication, that didnt really hurt
Old 02-28-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try dental work.

Getting a deep cavity done is considered near unbearable. A root canal and you have no shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This I think varies a bit from person to person. My father for example never has any local when getting dental work done (not minor work either). In fact he tried to have a root canal with no local, the dentist was actually disgusted and refused. Myself, I was numbed and he was using the 'painless' laser on a fairly minor cavity and I was complaining. I'm pretty sure my dad would laugh at the Marathon Man treatment.