Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: J 10 suited - leaking my money away

well thanks for replying everyone, some useful nuggets of information and advice.

I have also learnt a valuable lesson - Add an example when posting a topic because everything in poker is "it depends".

reflecting on my question, I suppose there isn't really any rule to play any cards because it all depends on your position, opponents and the action before it reaches you/or potentially after you.

I suppose I was wondering how in general people playing J 10 suited. I think whilst my post flop skills are not the best that it will be better to play it in a later position then I can see what is happening on the table before I have to act.

I will have a look in poker tracker and rustle up an example.

Also on the plus side at least that my first post half done and half dusted
Old 02-28-2007, 01:25 PM

Thanks for posting. To address your specific question I looked up my own results with JTs and found it was a winning hand overall (about 45k hands) but not a big winner. I think I may overplay it since J9s is a bigger winner for me and I play that a much lower % of the time.

Please post some hands and you will get more useful and more specific advice from the forum. I have more handsthan you do but am still barely a mediocre player. Many good players in this forum will give you very good advice if you post a specific hand. Include reads and or stats on the opponents in the hand, both ahead of you and behind you. Include your thinking on each street. You will be helped greatly over time.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:26 PM

specific becomes general here. post hands and learn how to act in the future.